what are my chances ?!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Maddy27

what are my chances ?!

Postby Maddy27 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:07 pm

what are my chances of getting into a good law school in California with:

3.0 GPA
175+ LSAT
5 years WE , including 4 years of managing a Law firm.

Tautology

Re: what are my chances ?!

Postby Tautology » Thu May 06, 2010 7:10 pm

You cannot successfully navigate these forums, law school is not for you.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu May 06, 2010 7:13 pm

With that GPA, you're pretty much SOL at Berkeley, Stanford, USC and UCLA. You have a fighting chance at Davis or Hastings though, because of your work experience.

MichelledeMontaigne

Postby MichelledeMontaigne » Sat May 08, 2010 2:31 am

Good luck at northwestern after you decide to apply ED.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sat May 08, 2010 2:35 am

Hypothetically speaking, this thread is just silly.

JustDude

Postby JustDude » Sat May 08, 2010 2:58 am

Maddy27 wrote:what are my chances of getting into a good law school in California with:

3.0 GPA
175+ LSAT

You didnt take LSAT did you.

You just a smart guy, who has a low GPA due to "laziness" and "free spirit". And you assume that you will ace 175 because you looked through 10 questions and found them silly and easy.

Heh.................

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Sat May 08, 2010 3:19 am

If you actually do break 170 when you take the LSAT, there aren't really any good schools in California that are splitter friendly. Don't even waste your money on Berkeley or Stanford. I think you could throw an app at UCLA and USC just in case. But either Northwestern or Virginia ED should probably be your targets. (If you actually break 170 of course).

Maddy27

Postby Maddy27 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:15 am

JustDude wrote:
Maddy27 wrote:what are my chances of getting into a good law school in California with:

3.0 GPA
175+ LSAT

You just a smart guy, who has a low GPA due to "laziness" and "free spirit". And you assume that you will ace 175 because you looked through 10 questions and found them silly and easy.

Heh.................

You are right , I haven't taken LSAT yet, but I've been scoring around 175 on my practice tests and I'm studying for the next 3 months and taking a prep course for LSAT, I'm confident that i can score above 170.

My low GPA is due to supporting a family of 4 and having to work at two jobs and living in this country for only 5 years, so your wrong on that part !!

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Sun May 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Okay, Berkeley might buy that story for the GPA. But probably not; maybe if your GPA were a 3.5, but a 3.0 is just bad. Stanford is still out. UCLA also might buy the story but is less likely to do so than Berkeley, and they never admit people with GPAs below a 3.4 or so otherwise. USC is your best bet, but they're still not a guarantee. You're probably best off trying to get a big scholarship at UC Davis or UC Hastings with UCLA, USC and Berkeley as reaches.

TTH

Postby TTH » Sun May 09, 2010 9:34 pm

Maddy27 wrote:
JustDude wrote:

3.0 GPA
175+ LSAT

Heh.................

You are right , I haven't taken LSAT yet, but I've been scoring around 175 on my practice tests and I'm studying for the next 3 months and taking a prep course for LSAT, I'm confident that i can score above 170.

My low GPA is due to supporting a family of 4 and having to work at two jobs and living in this country for only 5 years, so your wrong on that part !!

urm?

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Sun May 09, 2010 9:36 pm

JustDude wrote:

3.0 GPA
175+ LSAT

Heh.................

lol nice call

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sun May 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Maddy27 wrote:
JustDude wrote:

3.0 GPA
175+ LSAT

Heh.................

Haha I feel you. Alot of us here have poor GPAs because we supported a family and had 4 jobs all through UG. Others had to take care of orphans who they rescued from a fire. During my UG I was helping Dr.House cure patients.

TTH wrote:
Maddy27 wrote:
JustDude wrote:

3.0 GPA
175+ LSAT

Heh.................

urm?

He thinks he can get 175+..... :roll:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”