Declaration of Intent to Study Law......Why?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
merichard87

Re: Declaration of Intent to Study Law......Why?

Postby merichard87 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:49 pm

Just checked it out. State of Texas apparently requires this form the first year of law school for anyone who wants to take the Texas Bar. Never heard of it b4 but its good information.

Heres a link on Tech's website: http://www.law.ttu.edu/prospective/admissions/apply/declaration/

Tautology

Postby Tautology » Thu May 06, 2010 12:51 pm

merichard87 wrote:Just checked it out. State of Texas apparently requires this form the first year of law school for anyone who wants to take the Texas Bar. Never heard of it b4 but its good information.

Heres a link on Tech's website: http://www.law.ttu.edu/prospective/admissions/apply/declaration/

That's some mighty fine sleuthin' right there.

Llewellyn

Postby Llewellyn » Thu May 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Nena_a wrote:First of all I am a girl. Second of all, Im 99.99999999% sure all of you need to get laid/grow the fuck up, most likely the former. I'm not even joking...
I've seen many questions similar to this with semi coherent replies. That's all I wanted. I can't believe someone actually took the time out of their most likely lonely day to create some atrocious photoshop job with my quote in it. I feel sorry for your mother.

--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by Llewellyn on Thu May 06, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jayn3

Postby jayn3 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Nena_a wrote:Oh for the love of Marc Jacobs I misspelled occurred. I has sad now.

What is the point of this? It's like a mini C&F when you barely start ls? Reason I ask is because answering that wont exactly make me look like the greatest person on earth. Main concern: financial irresponsibility and about 13 previous employers in the span of 7 years. I have no criminal background whatsoever. Just got my first speeding ticket this past January. My bad credit is due to some banks I left overdrawn that were impossible to pay back in time before they closed, a couple of utility bills and other minor debts that have accumulated. This all happened because in all honesty I was an idiot, immature, yada yada, most of it occured when i was 18-20 years old. Now back to the future: I have started paying off the debt and have paid off a nice chunk. im still paying it off. I have a job that I do not plan on quitting for any reason whatsoever. The declaration asks me to list all of this, doesnt it? im hoping by that time my credit will be better. How can this affect me in the long run?

ok so you edited, great......but somehow it failed to resolve my confusion. what is a declaration of intent to study law? what is a c&f? why are you going back to the future? did you also steal a delorian, an amiable mad professor, and some plutonium? i must know the answer to these questions.

Nena_a

Postby Nena_a » Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

10 seconds eh? Still pathetic and weird-guy-with-acne-who-sat-alone-in-the-cafteria-in-7th-grade-who-now-thinks-he's-cool-cuz-hez-gunna-be-a-reel-lawyur-ish. And if no one here even knows what a DOI is, then don't even bother answering.
Tautology wrote:Memegenerator doesn't require photoshopping, just 10 seconds and the ability to type.

I'm sure most of us are curious about what you were actually talking about though, so feel free to clarify.

Llewellyn

Postby Llewellyn » Thu May 06, 2010 12:57 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Postby 270910 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:58 pm

I for one think op is going to ENJOY DLA Piper...

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:59 pm

I love TLS.

jayn3

Postby jayn3 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Nena_a wrote:10 seconds eh? Still pathetic and weird-guy-with-acne-who-sat-alone-in-the-cafteria-in-7th-grade-who-now-thinks-he's-cool-cuz-hez-gunna-be-a-reel-lawyur-ish. And if no one here even knows what a DOI is, then don't even bother answering.

--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by jayn3 on Thu May 06, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Thu May 06, 2010 1:01 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:I love TLS.

indeed. thoroughly entertaining thread

merichard87

Postby merichard87 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Tautology wrote:
merichard87 wrote:Just checked it out. State of Texas apparently requires this form the first year of law school for anyone who wants to take the Texas Bar. Never heard of it b4 but its good information.

That's some mighty fine sleuthin' right there.

lol HAHA thanks. I needed to know wtf she was talking about. I don't like surprises.

jayn3

Postby jayn3 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:08 pm

After filling the Declaration of Intention to Study Law, the applicant will have to be fingerprinted. A time will be scheduled at the law school for the fingerprinting. The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has implemented a program called Fingerprint Applicant Services of Texas (FAST) to obtain your fingerprints then submit them electronically to the FBI.

uhh wut? is that a TTT thing?

Nena_a

Postby Nena_a » Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 pm

jayn3 wrote:

After filling the Declaration of Intention to Study Law, the applicant will have to be fingerprinted. A time will be scheduled at the law school for the fingerprinting. The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has implemented a program called Fingerprint Applicant Services of Texas (FAST) to obtain your fingerprints then submit them electronically to the FBI.

uhh wut? is that a TTT thing?

lmfao at the above comment. I have never met a bigger group of dorks. Ever. And for the record, it's "uhhhh, liyek toetaly NOT a TTT thing. Unless sitting for the Bar somehow correlates with graduating from a TTT, then liyek omg!!!111 YEAH! it is aTTT thing!"
hardy har har har lol

Postby 270910 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:15 pm

I predict great things from you in law school. Your research, computer, and interpersonal skills are enviable.

Bodega

Postby Bodega » Thu May 06, 2010 1:15 pm

I love TLS

merichard87

Postby merichard87 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:16 pm

It's required by Texas State Bar so definitely doesn't only apply to TTT

Llewellyn

Postby Llewellyn » Thu May 06, 2010 1:17 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Tautology

Postby Tautology » Thu May 06, 2010 1:17 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Llewellyn

Postby Llewellyn » Thu May 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Nena_a wrote:lmfao at the above comment. I have never met a bigger group of dorks. Ever. And for the record, it's "uhhhh, liyek toetaly NOT a TTT thing. Unless sitting for the Bar somehow correlates with graduating from a TTT, then liyek omg!!!111 YEAH! it is aTTT thing!"
hardy har har har lol

Actually, more TTT grads sit for the bar than non-TTT grads. So I would say the correlation is pretty strong.

Postby 270910 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Tautology wrote:--ImageRemoved--

First rate memeing. You picked solid sentences but then really knocked it out of the park with your choice of image. Bravo.

Bert

Postby Bert » Thu May 06, 2010 1:19 pm

If you're that worried about, just say you don't intend to take the Texas bar and are not required to submit the mini C&F -- couldn't you just change your mind later on and decide you do want to sit for the Texas bar?

Bert

Postby Bert » Thu May 06, 2010 1:21 pm

disco_barred wrote:
Tautology wrote:--ImageRemoved--

First rate memeing. You picked solid sentences but then really knocked it out of the park with your choice of image. Bravo.

I think Llewellyn's memes on this page are awesome.

Tautology

Postby Tautology » Thu May 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Bert wrote:
I think Llewellyn's memes on this page are awesome.

I agree.

Nena_a

Postby Nena_a » Thu May 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Nope.
Bert wrote:If you're that worried about, just say you don't intend to take the Texas bar and are not required to submit the mini C&F -- couldn't you just change your mind later on and decide you do want to sit for the Texas bar?

Bodega

Postby Bodega » Thu May 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Llewellyn wrote:
Nena_a wrote:lmfao at the above comment. I have never met a bigger group of dorks. Ever. And for the record, it's "uhhhh, liyek toetaly NOT a TTT thing. Unless sitting for the Bar somehow correlates with graduating from a TTT, then liyek omg!!!111 YEAH! it is aTTT thing!"
hardy har har har lol

Actually, more TTT grads sit for the bar than non-TTT grads. So I would say the correlation is pretty strong.

This
Nena_a wrote:Still pathetic and weird-guy-with-acne-who-sat-alone-in-the-cafteria-in-7th-grade-who-now-thinks-he's-cool-cuz-hez-gunna-be-a-reel-lawyur-ish

Ah, you must be the hot-cheerleader-who-I-was-never-in-class-with-because-she-was-still-taking-algebra-in-11th-grade-and-who-the-junior-varsity-football-team-ran-a-train-on-at-the-keg-in-the-woods-who-now-is-trying-to-learn-books-n-stuff-but-it-sucks-and-anyway-reading-is-for-dorks

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”