MAJOR LOR help!!!!!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ricking1288

MAJOR LOR help!!!!!!

Postby ricking1288 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:57 am

Ok so I have 4 LORs already sent in to LSAC, but I have recently have one professor who published a paper that I wrote that is also willing to write me a recommendation. I just recently took this professors class and I know he will write me a better recommendation than one of the previous LORs that were already sent in. The question is can I still get that recommendation from the professor and then choose which LORs i send in to each individual law school? All the LORs that were already sent it were listed as "for all law schools" and i read somewhere that you can only have a maximum of 4 of these types of LORs. In addition, I was just wondering am I still able to get that recommendation and just not use one of the ones I have already sent in to LSAC?

RhubarbPie

Re: MAJOR LOR help!!!!!!

Postby RhubarbPie » Mon May 03, 2010 12:05 pm

ricking1288 wrote:Ok so I have 4 LORs already sent in to LSAC, but I have recently have one professor who published a paper that I wrote that is also willing to write me a recommendation. I just recently took this professors class and I know he will write me a better recommendation than one of the previous LORs that were already sent in. The question is can I still get that recommendation from the professor and then choose which LORs i send in to each individual law school? All the LORs that were already sent it were listed as "for all law schools" and i read somewhere that you can only have a maximum of 4 of these types of LORs. In addition, I was just wondering am I still able to get that recommendation and just not use one of the ones I have already sent in to LSAC?

Yes you can. Then you just assign which letter you want to go to which school.

holydonkey

Re: MAJOR LOR help!!!!!!

Postby holydonkey » Mon May 03, 2010 12:08 pm

ricking1288 wrote:The question is can I still get that recommendation from the professor and then choose which LORs i send in to each individual law school? All the LORs that were already sent it were listed as "for all law schools" and i read somewhere that you can only have a maximum of 4 of these types of LORs. In addition, I was just wondering am I still able to get that recommendation and just not use one of the ones I have already sent in to LSAC?
Yes, you can choose. Go into the recommendation section of your Credential Assembly Service, add the new recommender, then edit each app by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking on the "assign letters" button next to the corresponding app.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”