A Disclosure Question (yeah another one) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JTX

Bronze

Re: A Disclosure Question (yeah another one)

Post by JTX » Mon May 03, 2010 2:13 pm

T14_Scholly wrote:It is advisable to write an addendum in this situation. Keep in mind that one of the reasons school require full disclosure is that dishonesty may later prevent you from being admitted to the bar during your character and fitness exam. C&F exams are taken very seriously. It is likely that they will subpoena security camera tapes from your dorm's lobby to see if there is any footage of you walking in intoxicated.
lol @ trolling this kid

and tbf, written up for loud puking, no disciplinary action taken or any reports made. come on scholly, dont be so mean.

all joking aside, i failed the C&F because once i was drunk. they also found out i swore in church 87 times and had lustful thoughts about Hooters girls when i was 17. I'm wondering if they read my diary?

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Post by amputatedbrain » Mon May 03, 2010 3:35 pm

I garuntee that disclosing this would be far worse than not disclosing. Just let this whole idea fade quietly into the night and pretend it never happened. Has anyone actually heard of C&F looking at minor dorm incidents? I'm willing to bet it's never happened. If you actually disclose this, the school might have to go through some mandatory procedure for applicants adding things to the file after the fact - I'm sure if an adcomm could talk candidly, they would not want to bother doing the paperwork for this non-event.

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:01 pm

fwiw, I have a friend from UG who's now a 2L and had a work-study job in the Dean's office that handled these types of forms at our university. She used to forward requests for disciplinary records to the Dean to fill out, and said that while they got plenty of Dean Cert. forms from law schools, they rarely got requests from Bar examiners. While that does not make it ok for people to hide their records, it does go to show that the Bar is probably not too concerned with trivial things like dorm drinking incidents. I would imagine that the main reason they would check someone's disciplinary record is if the person had egregious violations like suspension or plagiarism, or if they showed a pattern of dishonesty in their past.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Tue May 04, 2010 1:27 pm

What's funny about all the disclosure threads is that if all this stuff mattered, then the passage rate for the C&F exam would be like 20%. Think about all the people who go to law school, but don't post on TLS, etc... and thus probably have no idea that C&F even exists.

But yet you never hear of this large mass of people who are unable to join the bar.

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:51 pm

The fact that people with such stellar character as Rod Blagojevich passed the bar in my home state puts C&F issues into perspective for me when I worry that the number of speeding tickets I have will make me look sketchy to the Bar.

There have been a couple relatively serious C&F disclosure threads on here (IIRC, there was one where someone failed to disclose an arrest for possession of pot), but chances are the people with dorm violations will be ok.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”