rad law wrote:I didn't read all the responses, but there's really nothing you can do now. I bet they'll take the money. Just for comparison, Emory sent me an email about a couple weeks after the deposit deadline wanting to know what was up with me, and whether I would be attending. This was after I had send a nice email withdrawing on April 13th or so I think. Just call them and ask if you get your seat.
Thanks I hope so.
And I've had a day to sleep over it, and I think I'll take the more positive advice I've received thus far and hope for the best on Monday. Also in terms of payment, since I live in NY it would be $5,975 a semester meaning $11,950 a year. I have a $2000 scholarship (so far, still applying for more though I'm not expecting anything) AND I'm living with my lovely parents which equals free living and a father who insists on buying me metrocards
. Which makes transportation free. There's also NY TAP that I'm waiting to hear from and CUNY's financial aid packer. So overall if I calculate it, it will be about 9,950 a year for me. I have a part-time job offer from an old boss and if I take it (still contemplating whether I should work my first year), then I could pay off most of the tuition per year.
So no, I would not be in crippling debt. Honestly, money doesn't matter to me. I've lived without much money all my life and if I have to do the same the rest of my life so be it. I care more about doing a job that I believe is meaningful to my life.