T-14 and targeted LoR Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
xqhp82

Bronze

T-14 and targeted LoR

Post by xqhp82 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Just wondering how important it is to have targeted LoRs for some T-14 schools? i know that most schools say a general one would be sufficient, but some schools (like stanford and cornell i think?) specifically say that they look highly on a targeted letter and using their forms, but i think i'm only going to get 2 general letters from my professors. Would that affect my chance much?

rayiner

Platinum

Re: T-14 and targeted LoR

Post by rayiner » Sat May 01, 2010 1:56 pm

xqhp82 wrote:Just wondering how important it is to have targeted LoRs for some T-14 schools? i know that most schools say a general one would be sufficient, but some schools (like stanford and cornell i think?) specifically say that they look highly on a targeted letter and using their forms, but i think i'm only going to get 2 general letters from my professors. Would that affect my chance much?
Nobody cares, except maybe for Stanford.

Neo

Bronze

Re: T-14 and targeted LoR

Post by Neo » Sat May 01, 2010 4:10 pm

rayiner wrote:
xqhp82 wrote:Just wondering how important it is to have targeted LoRs for some T-14 schools? i know that most schools say a general one would be sufficient, but some schools (like stanford and cornell i think?) specifically say that they look highly on a targeted letter and using their forms, but i think i'm only going to get 2 general letters from my professors. Would that affect my chance much?
Nobody cares, except maybe for Stanford.

Would even Stanford really even care though? Or is it just the content of the letter that matters most (for all schools)?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”