how will they fare in employment prospect?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
UCLA1LHopeful
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:35 pm

how will they fare in employment prospect?

Postby UCLA1LHopeful » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:40 pm

I know that everything about them looks solid on paper. What's the job prospect for Irvine grads for future applicants?
Last edited by UCLA1LHopeful on Sun May 02, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leeroy Jenkins
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: UC Irvine... how will they fare in employment prospect?

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:41 pm

Nonexistent

User avatar
Fancy Pants
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: UC Irvine... how will they fare in employment prospect?

Postby Fancy Pants » Sat May 01, 2010 12:36 am

Eleventy five.

User avatar
pany1985
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:08 am

Re: UC Irvine... how will they fare in employment prospect?

Postby pany1985 » Sat May 01, 2010 12:37 am

103% employed at graduation.

Beat that, Duke.

BLAKE_REMKUS
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:59 am

Re: UC Irvine... how will they fare in employment prospect?

Postby BLAKE_REMKUS » Sat May 01, 2010 12:42 am

It is a new school, so any student there must feel like they are a huge part of the school's direction. I think going there would be an amazing opportunity. I plan on applying to the UC schools if and when I move to CA and get in-state. I would probably choose Irvine over other UC schools, but I have never visited any. I think UCLA, Irvine, Davis or UCB would be equally exciting for me.

Kind of off topic, but what are the BEST deals ($$$) anywhere for Law School. I am financially independent, about to finish my Intl Business/Management BBA & Spanish minor at UGA. Options are open for me. Any guidance/ideas/abuse greatly appreciated :roll: .



UCLA1LHopeful wrote:I know that everything about them looks solid on paper. What's the job prospect for Irvine grads?

vandy2012
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Re: UC Irvine... how will they fare in employment prospect?

Postby vandy2012 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:11 am

What is the Best deal is an awfully vague question... Are you talking about the best schools offering you the lowest tuition? Then the best deal will be the highest ranked law school that offers offers you a full-scholarship or close to... Get a good LSAT score, and go to Law School on that school's dime. That's the best deal

BLAKE_REMKUS
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:59 am

Re: UC Irvine... how will they fare in employment prospect?

Postby BLAKE_REMKUS » Sat May 01, 2010 6:39 am

Good points, I meant more so lowest tuition, which I found several schools below 10k annually for in-state. But I like the idea of a full-ride better :lol: . But the lowest tuition comes from public schools generally in smaller states, like U of Arkansas, South Dakota, North Dakota, etc. And historically black colleges and, ones geared towards public service, like CUNY and D.C.

Now, focusing on getting a great LSAT score. Thanks for the advice. I just downloaded a torrent with many practice LSAT tests so that should be helpful.

vandy2012 wrote:What is the Best deal is an awfully vague question... Are you talking about the best schools offering you the lowest tuition? Then the best deal will be the highest ranked law school that offers offers you a full-scholarship or close to... Get a good LSAT score, and go to Law School on that school's dime. That's the best deal

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: UC Irvine... how will they fare in employment prospect?

Postby vexion » Sat May 01, 2010 10:31 am

BLAKE_REMKUS wrote:Good points, I meant more so lowest tuition, which I found several schools below 10k annually for in-state. But I like the idea of a full-ride better :lol: . But the lowest tuition comes from public schools generally in smaller states, like U of Arkansas, South Dakota, North Dakota, etc. And historically black colleges and, ones geared towards public service, like CUNY and D.C.

Now, focusing on getting a great LSAT score. Thanks for the advice..

Okay, first off, you need to more clearly define your post-law school employment goals. I take it you're interested in public service, in which case, yes, you'll want a cheap legal education, because you're not going to be pulling in a lot to pay those loans back. But you want to shoot for the absolute best school you can get into. A lot of more expensive schools, even if you don't get a good scholarship, have nice LRAP programs you can use to settle debt if you go into public service. "Public service" jobs aren't as easy to get as you might think, a lot of your PI employment prospects are still going to depend on the name of your diploma.

Second, you'll want to be more discretionary with your posts for when the Character & Fitness committee comes snooping.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], jjcorvino and 1 guest