Do law schools even care about your foreign grades?Addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chrisbforever

New

Do law schools even care about your foreign grades?Addendum?

Post by chrisbforever » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:26 pm

I did a little over a year of foreign school and had to get it evaluated. The LSAC gave me two seperate GPA's, one American and one Foreign. However, my foreign grades were not as good. I am wondering if law schools would even care that much about my international grades, it was equivalent to one year of American credits. Furthermore, my American grades were really good in comparison. Should I write an addendum saying that i've become a serious students in comparison to five years ago and tell them that I believe that my American grades should be weighted more in the admission process?

snowpeach06

Gold

Re: Do law schools even care about your foreign grades?Addendum?

Post by snowpeach06 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:01 pm

chrisbforever wrote:I did a little over a year of foreign school and had to get it evaluated. The LSAC gave me two seperate GPA's, one American and one Foreign. However, my foreign grades were not as good. I am wondering if law schools would even care that much about my international grades, it was equivalent to one year of American credits. Furthermore, my American grades were really good in comparison. Should I write an addendum saying that i've become a serious students in comparison to five years ago and tell them that I believe that my American grades should be weighted more in the admission process?
All grades matter. It probably wouldn't hurt to write an addendum if you can give some sort of legit reason. I'm sure law schools know that international schools are much harder. But, likely they will just give you some overall gpa and the separate grades won't matter. That's what they did for me with my study abroad grades.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”