Another disclosure question...yes I'm an idiot Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
swlaw4365

New

Another disclosure question...yes I'm an idiot

Post by swlaw4365 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:53 pm

I applied to a few schools that asked about all tickets, so, I disclosed all tickets. However, one school asked about minor traffic violations that resulted in a fine over $200. Now, in 2004 I was pulled over for having expired tags (I had valid registration but hadn't put the tags on my car) and was cited for driving without insurance which resulted in a $900 fine. I always thought of this as a ticket equivalent to littering or violating a noise ordinance and not as a traffic violation since it had nothing to do with a moving violation. So on an application which asked about traffic violations over $200 I didn't disclose this ticket. However, in a casual conversation with a cop friend of mine we ended up talking about laws and for some reason this came up. He told me that it was a traffic violation. Well, I just got accepted off the waitlist at this school and obviously need to update my app with this info. Do you guys think my offer will be rescinded? I would like to attend this school but i am also concerned about them reporting me to LSAC. I feel like I should just mark it down as a loss and attend the school I have already put a seat deposit down at. What do you think?

Miamiboi305

New

Re: Another disclosure question...yes I'm an idiot

Post by Miamiboi305 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:56 pm

well let me just say today I was told after I was admitted and have already paid my seat deposit at my target school that because I forgot to omit and ticket in which case I sent a disclosure later that my file is going back under review. It was my first ever ticket and the ticket was only $220 and the school only required applicants to list minor speeding tickets over $200...im still in shock about this so.....

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:57 pm

Whoa there guy, you are way overreacting IMO. I don't think this is a big deal, especially since you have proof of a good faith effort to disclose all your other traffic infractions.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:05 pm

swlaw4365 wrote:I applied to a few schools that asked about all tickets, so, I disclosed all tickets. However, one school asked about minor traffic violations that resulted in a fine over $200. Now, in 2004 I was pulled over for having expired tags (I had valid registration but hadn't put the tags on my car) and was cited for driving without insurance which resulted in a $900 fine. I always thought of this as a ticket equivalent to littering or violating a noise ordinance and not as a traffic violation since it had nothing to do with a moving violation. So on an application which asked about traffic violations over $200 I didn't disclose this ticket. However, in a casual conversation with a cop friend of mine we ended up talking about laws and for some reason this came up. He told me that it was a traffic violation. Well, I just got accepted off the waitlist at this school and obviously need to update my app with this info. Do you guys think my offer will be rescinded? I would like to attend this school but i am also concerned about them reporting me to LSAC. I feel like I should just mark it down as a loss and attend the school I have already put a seat deposit down at. What do you think?
I'm a cop and it is most definitley a traffic citation. It originates in the Traffic code. I doubt the rescind but you need to disclose.

swlaw4365

New

Post by swlaw4365 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:07 pm

yea, maybe I am overreacting. I am working on my statement to send the school, I just hope everything works out. Does anyone think they will report me to LSAC or will this cause a problem with the bar (florida)?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Miamiboi305

New

Post by Miamiboi305 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:14 pm

my file is under review for disclosing a citation in a FLA school as well..........I dont know if they are going to rescind me yet but I hope not....I am playing the waiting game..after all it was only a minor speeding ticket....and no points came off of my license.

Lupton Pittman

New

Post by Lupton Pittman » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Not trying to be a jerk here, but you guys should really chill. No one's going to rescind you over a speeding/traffic ticket.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Send them a letter. Say you're sorry. I doubt you'll get rescinded.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”