GWU raising standards? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mike19

New

GWU raising standards?

Post by Mike19 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:39 pm

I took the LSAT the summer between my first and second year of undergrad "just to see".

Anyways, I scored a 166 and at the time it gave my odds of getting into GWU with a predicted 3.8 GPA as being pretty good.

Now, however, my 166 and 3.83 seem to have less of a chance. Some of the probability calculators still give me a good shot but I've seen a few that have said I only have a 50/50 shot.

Any input as to which calculators I should be giving more weight?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: GWU raising standards?

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:41 pm

The only calculators that matter are the admissions comittee members at GWU. Just buy USNews and check the mid-ranges for LSATs & GPAs. If you are in the top 25% for both you're likely to be admitted, bottom 25% for both then not likely, anything in between goes to the admissions committee.
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cosmo Kramer

Bronze

Post by Cosmo Kramer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:42 pm

keep strokin' that ego bro

Mike19

New

Post by Mike19 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Cosmo Kramer wrote:keep strokin' that ego bro
Definitely not what I'm doing. Check my other posts. I'm debating retaking the LSAT and trying to figure out if the risk of scoring lower is worth it. Nice try though--I do appreciate the answer to my question.

ApexChaser

Bronze

Post by ApexChaser » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Forget about the calculators and predictions; I don't put any weight into those things. For what it's worth, I got into 3 of 4 "weak consider" schools-including GW-but only got 1 of 5 "consider" schools. The fastest acceptances (<1 month turnaround) were all weak considers.

If you feel you can do better, then why not take another crack at the LSAT. With a slightly higher LSAT, you would be in terrific shape for many schools with your high GPA. Most schools only look at your highest LSAT anyways, so taking a crack at the LSAT again wouldn't hurt you either way.

For GW, just one more point on the LSAT would put you in solid form.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”