Southwestern vs Whittier Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bamlax

New

Southwestern vs Whittier

Post by bamlax » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:17 am

Hey all,

I have been accepted to Whittier with a 4000 dollar scholorship and recently was accepted to Southwestern. I like both schools and want to study in LA. Im not positive what type of law I would like to focus on, but Southwestern's entertainment, sports and media law definitly interests me. Is there any reason to go to Whittier over Sothwestern, or is Southwestern a no brainer?

JolieSaraLee

New

Re: Southwestern vs Whittier

Post by JolieSaraLee » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:44 pm

I think Whittier is in Orange County, so Southwestern is definitely better for LA. I think it's just known as being a better school than Whittier in general. I'd go to SW for sure.

onthecusp

Bronze

Post by onthecusp » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:59 pm

If you go to Whittier over Southwestern for a 4k scholarship....I'll shoot you myself. Considering you only got a 4K scholarship at Whittier, you should feel fortunate to have been admitted at Southwestern at all. The school is 1,000,000 times better than Whittier in every facet of law school evaluation.

bamlax

New

Post by bamlax » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Thanks for the advice, I guess the only thing that made Whittier appealing was being in Orange County, but im probaby going to go to Southwestern unless some good news comes from my last few schools. Does anyone have any advice on where the best areas to live near Southwestern might be, im from zona and am not too familiar.

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:59 am

The best place to live is just west of La Brea and just north of Wilshire. Sell your car and take the Wilshire bus to school every morning. $36 a month. Don't listen to anybody who tells you to live either downtown or koreatown, or god forbid silverlake or culver city. And whatever you do, don't live in the Park La Brea complex. There are much better options for less money in smaller buildings. Just take my advice and be done with it. You're welcome.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bamlax

New

Post by bamlax » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:01 am

Thanks, im going to keep the ride, but I will start looking in that area.

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:09 am

bamlax wrote:Thanks, im going to keep the ride, but I will start looking in that area.
Then you'll need a parking spot, which will up the price significantly. Street parking is an absolute nightmare in this area.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”