(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
- Posts: 98
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:22 pm
So I need to make a decision by Thursday...
IN at GULC with $$
WL at NYU
Georgetown has two options:
1) say you're going and withdraw all applications
2) $400 security deposit
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:12 pm
I'm in the exact same position. I ponied up the $400 and stuck my name on the WL. I'm not expecting much of it, but if I do by some miracle get admitted to NYU, $400 seems like a relatively small price to pay for that option.
- Posts: 1415
- Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm
Would you go to NYU if you got off the wait list? If so, $400 seems easily worth walking away from.
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm
yeah, it seems to me that either way you are going to put down a deposit to Gtown... so idk why you wouldn't stay on the list.
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm
Is the issue that you must give up your scholarship if you stay on the NYU waitlist?
- Posts: 7469
- Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am
Georgetown lets you send in a commitment waiver to deposit instead of actually paying anything.
I think JKS is right, 400 is a small price to pay.
- Posts: 418
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am
How much $ is on the line?
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm
Sounds different from the $$ I got from Gtown.
Sounds like a no-brainer to me. The $400 would credited to your tuition payment if you wind up at Gtown. Pay the $400 and see what happens.
Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”