LOR Choice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mce252

Silver

LOR Choice

Post by Mce252 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:19 am

I will be beginning the process of meeting with my LOR writers during the next month. I wanted to get some feedback on my options:

-I have one or two professors who would write me a good recommendation but would probably focus on "He made good grades in my class" and "I think he would be a good candidate at your school." Nice letters but probably not anything that will set me apart.

-I also have about three advisors from my various leadership positions on campus that would each write me an EXCELLENT LOR. I would probably be able to write my own letter and just have them edit and sign. They would be much more specific and describe me very positively relative to other students.

My predicament is that I know law schools really want to see a letters from those who can attest to academic strengths. Do you suggest throwing in one of those letters even though it might be significantly weaker than a non-academic letter for me? Let me know what you think and thanks in advance.

adameus

Silver

Re: LOR Choice

Post by adameus » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:31 pm

I'd say get two academic letters and two letters from your advisors. If your advisors are also professors, even better.

Mce252

Silver

Re: LOR Choice

Post by Mce252 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:26 pm

I'd say get two academic letters and two letters from your advisors. If your advisors are also professors, even better.
Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else got any ideas?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”