So...who's planning a wedding and going to law school? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hannah87

Silver

Re: So...who's planning a wedding and going to law school?

Post by hannah87 » Tue May 11, 2010 1:22 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:We'll be getting married in early June. Hard to believe it's only a month away! After we get married, we're going to Italy for our honeymoon, and then moving across the country for law school. Good times! :D
i went to italy, too! it was an AMAZING honeymoon. congratulations and enjoy!

edit: my avatar picture is me in Florence :D

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Tue May 11, 2010 1:28 pm

hannah87 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:We'll be getting married in early June. Hard to believe it's only a month away! After we get married, we're going to Italy for our honeymoon, and then moving across the country for law school. Good times! :D

Thanks! We weren't sure if we were going to be able to pull off the honeymoon to Italy, but I found an awesome deal for Rome and Venice. Neither of us have been to Italy, so it should be an amazing trip and a good way to relax before the stress of 1L!

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Tue May 11, 2010 1:33 pm

ladyjane wrote:Ozark - Does she know the plan? Does she know that you are looking to get hitched ASAP or does she have her sights set on a larger wedding. Don't sacrifice your wedding for unemployment. And be prepared that she may not want to rush after five years of foot dragging.
I'm not necessarily looking to get married right away. I'm just wondering about the option should it be more financially beneficial to knock out the legalities and then later have the ceremony (which unfortunately will be a pretty low-key affair by necessity).

That sounds kind of cold and calculating, I know. But I should note: This was actually her idea. Lord knows if she doesn't want to rush things, my track record alone suggests I'm plenty fine with that.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:07 am

cardinalandgold wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

Thanks! We weren't sure if we were going to be able to pull off the honeymoon to Italy, but I found an awesome deal for Rome and Venice. Neither of us have been to Italy, so it should be an amazing trip and a good way to relax before the stress of 1L!
Congrats! We were looking at honeymoon sites last night. We are looking at beaches somewhere. I originally wanted like Tahiti, Fiji or Thailand.. looks like we may end up in the Carribean though

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:20 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

Congrats! We were looking at honeymoon sites last night. We are looking at beaches somewhere. I originally wanted like Tahiti, Fiji or Thailand.. looks like we may end up in the Carribean though
my cousins went to St. Lucia and LOVED it. would be worth looking into. they had a private infinity pool on a cliff :D . congrats!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Wed May 12, 2010 9:45 am

hannah87 wrote:
my cousins went to St. Lucia and LOVED it. would be worth looking into. they had a private infinity pool on a cliff :D . congrats!!

I think that's my honeymoon spot! Jade mountain?

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Wed May 12, 2010 10:09 am

lsathalon wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

That's awesome! Jade Mountain seems like an amazing place! I promised my fiancee I would take her there after I graduate from law school for dragging her out to Ann Arbor :P

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Wed May 12, 2010 10:13 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

we ended up deciding on the caribbean after thinking of more exotic/international locations. we went to hawaii last year - which was awesome - but wanted to do something more low key in a similar time zone to prevent jet lag. our plan is just to lay on the beach and bum/booze for the 10 days.

gmichaelbluth

Bronze

Post by gmichaelbluth » Wed May 12, 2010 10:19 am

moandersen wrote:Getting married in July ---> 10 day honeymoon -----> Aug 1, move 1000+ miles to law school

I expect a lot of stress in my future. :shock:
Very similar--wedding early July, MOVE a bajillion miles away, honeymoon, begin 1L year. Plus sell a house. Eek!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:27 am

moandersen wrote:
we ended up deciding on the caribbean after thinking of more exotic/international locations. we went to hawaii last year - which was awesome - but wanted to do something more low key in a similar time zone to prevent jet lag. our plan is just to lay on the beach and bum/booze for the 10 days.
Yea we are only going to be gone for a week (during spring break) so we thought that it would be best to not change too many time zones, etc. I really like St. Lucia and Turks and Caicos

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:33 am

lsathalon wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

i'm almost positive that's where they went. it looked GORGEOUS. enjoy!!!

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
moandersen wrote:
Yea we are only going to be gone for a week (during spring break) so we thought that it would be best to not change too many time zones, etc. I really like St. Lucia and Turks and Caicos
We thought about some of the smaller islands in the south/east caribbean, but we had a friend who went on his honeymoon in that area and recommended not going. so we are going to check out the DR. all-inclusive, adults only ftw!

big_blue79

Bronze

Post by big_blue79 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 am

Getting married July 31, taking a honeymoon to Fiji, then packing and moving across the country to NYC. I don't know that I'm looking forward to any of it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”