GW law wait list advice/opinion on my chances.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

GW law wait list advice/opinion on my chances.

Postby danieltorrey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Hello my fellow law students/applicants,

I want to ask you all to give your brunt opinion on what are my realistic chances of being accepted off of George Washington's wait list.
I have a bit of an unusual situation.
My LSAT was 160 and I have strong softs. LSAT was a bit low to my capacity because English is my second language, I am also an under represented minority.
In addition, I don't have a traditional GPA because I am foreign graduated; however, my undergrad is in law (LL.B degree, aka Bachelor of Laws) in a civil law country, with strong grade average (8.7 on a 0 to 10 scale)
Since being wait listed, I followed up with a Letter of Continued Interest and arranged another strong LOR to be sent to their admissions office.
I've also submitted a seat deposit at American University, and since schools can see where one submitted a seat deposit after the deposit deadline, do you think this may impact their decision?

What do you guys (and gals) think? Any other ideas on how I can increase my chances? I really, really want to get into GW law.

Re: GW law wait list advice/opinion on my chances.

Postby gwuorbust » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:26 am

everyone wants off the GWU WL after the ranking jump, more ppl are putting deposits than b4. I don't think there are going to be many spots off the WL.

all you can do is show your continued interest and hope for the best... I heard a story about a kid applying to GWU undergrad sending in a Canoe (somehow related to his app) to the admin office..he didn't get in.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”