Texas School Choice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Texas school?

South Texas
9%
Baylor
6%
Houston
53%
SMU
32%

Total votes: 79

Bustang

Bronze

Re: Texas School Choice

Post by Bustang » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:49 am

Honestly, If I could grab onto a position at the DA's office (assuming it is like the one I interned at in Waco) for 58k a year, I'd hop on that shit instantly. 9-5, a shit load of vacation time, great camaraderie and you essentially plea-bargain every case: fuck yeah.

I'm going to U of H.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:55 am

Bustang wrote:Honestly, If I could grab onto a position at the DA's office (assuming it is like the one I interned at in Waco) for 58k a year, I'd hop on that shit instantly. 9-5, a shit load of vacation time, great camaraderie and you essentially plea-bargain every case: fuck yeah.

I'm going to U of H.
:lol: ...9-5 ADA job?! I'll believe that when I see it.

Bustang

Bronze

Post by Bustang » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

patrickd139 wrote:
Bustang wrote:Honestly, If I could grab onto a position at the DA's office (assuming it is like the one I interned at in Waco) for 58k a year, I'd hop on that shit instantly. 9-5, a shit load of vacation time, great camaraderie and you essentially plea-bargain every case: fuck yeah.

I'm going to U of H.
:lol: ...9-5 ADA job?! I'll believe that when I see it.
I've only experienced the Waco da office. The only thing Left out was the YouTube videos the adas watched with one another everyday

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Bustang wrote:I've only experienced the Waco da office.

That's because it's time for evening service at 6:00.

Bustang

Bronze

Post by Bustang » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:47 pm

kalvano wrote:

credited.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:08 pm

kalvano wrote:

Jesus, but I hate Waco.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Just how bad Waco is depends on what your interests are. If you want culture or a thriving nightlife, no, it's probably not gonna suit you real well. I'm personally considering Baylor because I'm not 22, I'm not real interested in partying and I'm just pretty domesticated for the most part. Wherever I end up going I don't anticipate having a lot of free time, and definitely not at Baylor, but what free time I do have I will probably spend at home with my girlfriend and my dogs. Waco has some decent restaurants, nice neighborhoods, and the cost of living is ridiculously low. The facilities at Baylor are also very nice and very new. You can very easily avoid the far-right/evangelical/conservative crowd if you want to, and Baylor Law students are not cut from the same cloth as those in the undergrad program.

Also, if you need excitement you can go out to the bars on friday night and probably see someone get shot in the face by Billy Joe Shaver.

Edit: don't take my comments to mean that OP should attend Baylor. He really probably shouldn't, unless he gets a free ride. U of H sounds like a prudent choice. Baylor > STCL, according to the older attorneys that I know.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”