who else is excited beyond belief for LS

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rayiner

Re: who else is excited beyond belief for LS

Postby rayiner » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:04 pm

badfish wrote:lol, you guys will feel different this time next year.

rando

Postby rando » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:06 pm

I like law school. One day removed from my last final and im dying to get back to work.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:10 pm

imisscollege wrote:yeah you 1L's or are straight out of undergrad don't get it. oh you're stressed oh finals period is tough well look 1. the school year only lasts so many months and 2. at least your mind is engaged and 3. you might have a lot of work to do but there is something to be said for being able to do it whenever you want as opposed to having to sit somewhere from 9-5

I worked a real job for years before coming to LS. I'm a 1L. I have been sitting on my ass for 12 hours a day staring at a computer, in the same place, stopping only to eat and sleep for a week now, and will continue to do so for another three weeks.

You have no idea how much I miss being able to go home at 7 every day and not think about work until the next day. In 9 months I've watched three movies and read zero non las books. If I do something non law related, it is drinking or TLSing, because those don't require any use of my tired, tired brain.

Enjoy 0L while you can, because once you start law school then legal practice, you won't have a carefree moment inside your own head ever again.

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:19 pm

rayiner wrote:
imisscollege wrote:yeah you 1L's or are straight out of undergrad don't get it. oh you're stressed oh finals period is tough well look 1. the school year only lasts so many months and 2. at least your mind is engaged and 3. you might have a lot of work to do but there is something to be said for being able to do it whenever you want as opposed to having to sit somewhere from 9-5

I worked a real job for years before coming to LS. I'm a 1L. I have been sitting on my ass for 12 hours a day staring at a computer, in the same place, stopping only to eat and sleep for a week now, and will continue to do so for another three weeks.

You have no idea how much I miss being able to go home at 7 every day and not think about work until the next day. In 9 months I've watched three movies and read zero non las books. If I do something non law related, it is drinking or TLSing, because those don't require any use of my tired, tired brain.

Enjoy 0L while you can, because once you start law school then legal practice, you won't have a carefree moment inside your own head ever again.

do you not like it/do you regret it?

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:29 pm

I see both sides (I am a 1L and I worked for quite a few years before and after UG) but I have to side w/ the 0L's here (I know, weird). I HATED all of my jobs but love law school. There is nothing worse than sitting at a horrific job watching the clock tick away as you do something horrific like answer phones and do data entry while your boss watches you out of his/her office window. It is seriously kill self.

Law school, while VERY draining mentally, emotionally, and physically, is just freakin' awesome. You are always using your brain and pushing yourself to the limit and the competition is fun. You are always on your toes. Plus, the academic side is very fulfilling and enriching. Anyway, I know I am in the minority but I'm studying for finals right now after the hardest work of my life and I still love it.

legalease9

Postby legalease9 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:35 pm

imisscollege wrote:i want to leave my dumb job and do something that requires intellectual ability

+180! I can't wait to do the same!

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:16 pm

A'nold wrote:I see both sides (I am a 1L and I worked for quite a few years before and after UG) but I have to side w/ the 0L's here (I know, weird). I HATED all of my jobs but love law school. There is nothing worse than sitting at a horrific job watching the clock tick away as you do something horrific like answer phones and do data entry while your boss watches you out of his/her office window. It is seriously kill self.

Law school, while VERY draining mentally, emotionally, and physically, is just freakin' awesome. You are always using your brain and pushing yourself to the limit and the competition is fun. You are always on your toes. Plus, the academic side is very fulfilling and enriching. Anyway, I know I am in the minority but I'm studying for finals right now after the hardest work of my life and I still love it.

This is what I was looking for. Happy that you said this.

acdisagod

Postby acdisagod » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:49 pm

rayiner wrote:
badfish wrote:lol, you guys will feel different this time next year.

As a 0L who is excited to start law school, I am sad to say that TIprobablyTCR

badfish

Postby badfish » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Keep in mind, most law students are in the middle of their spring finals period at the moment. Enjoy 0L, go out tonight and have a good time. I'll be outlining.

Izzle13

Postby Izzle13 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:00 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:
MF248 wrote:
imisscollege wrote:i want to leave my dumb job and do something that requires intellectual ability

+1

+10000000000000000000 I hate my job and each day is more and more depressing but hopefully that will be changing soon as I approach quitting.

THIS.

crm

Postby crm » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:05 pm

agreed!

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Maybe i'm just a Daniel Plainview, but I look forward to challenge of battling everyone in my class for the highest grades and the best exam scores. That competitive sense of who can last the longest and study the hardest riles me up. I universally suck at sports, so intellectual challenges have always been my way of getting that testosterone "conquering" desire that pretty much all men are born with.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:30 pm

adh07d wrote:Maybe i'm just a Daniel Plainview, but I look forward to challenge of battling everyone in my class for the highest grades and the best exam scores. That competitive sense of who can last the longest and study the hardest riles me up. I universally suck at sports, so intellectual challenges have always been my way of getting that testosterone "conquering" desire that pretty much all men are born with.

So, I'm awesome at sports and ls..... 8)

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:33 pm

A'nold wrote:
adh07d wrote:Maybe i'm just a Daniel Plainview, but I look forward to challenge of battling everyone in my class for the highest grades and the best exam scores. That competitive sense of who can last the longest and study the hardest riles me up. I universally suck at sports, so intellectual challenges have always been my way of getting that testosterone "conquering" desire that pretty much all men are born with.

Well then hopefully i'll be half as fortunate as you.

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:35 pm

"I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people… There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking… I see the worst in people. I don’t need to look past seeing them to get all I need. I’ve built my hatreds up over the years, little by little… I can’t keep doing this on my own with these… people."

mnolen

Postby mnolen » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Hahahahahahahaha.

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:54 pm

A'nold wrote:

I'm awesome at sports against ls students.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:00 pm

I've never been more excited for anything in my life.

I've also never been more scared of anything in my life.

greatfool

Postby greatfool » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:03 pm

1L was every bit as hard as I thought it was going to be, but the good part is that it was a hell of a lot more fun.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:28 pm

imisscollege wrote:who else is pumped for August and why?

1. People with trust funds
2. People who don't read employment statistics
3. People who are not going to law school
4. People who are planning to /self in ~3 years
5. People who have alcoholism as a fallback

mshflyer

Postby mshflyer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:36 pm

romothesavior wrote:I've never been more excited for anything in my life.

I've also never been more scared of anything in my life.

+1000

Postby 09042014 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:37 pm

calicocat wrote:

So Cornell students are safe.

I'm safe.

Georgetown Law Center people are safe.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:39 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
calicocat wrote:

So Cornell students are safe.

I'm safe.

Georgetown Law Center people are safe.

180 for some serious unintentional co-ordination

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:43 am

imisscollege wrote:
rayiner wrote:

I enjoy it a lot, and don't regret it at all. Then again I'm used to sitting on my ass all day doing boring stuff (engineer), loved studying for/taking the LSAT, and am an alcoholic.

If you're that way, you'll probably like law school. If you're expecting intellectually stimulating material and freedom from being shackled to a computer all day...

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:50 am

rayiner wrote:
imisscollege wrote:
rayiner wrote:

I enjoy it a lot, and don't regret it at all. Then again I'm used to sitting on my ass all day doing boring stuff (engineer), loved studying for/taking the LSAT, and am an alcoholic.

If you're that way, you'll probably like law school. If you're expecting intellectually stimulating material and freedom from being shackled to a computer all day...

God, I hope this is true. I fit the bolded to a damn T, minus the engineering part.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”