Transcript Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hcaddis

Transcript Question

Postby hcaddis » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:23 pm

Hey guys, quick question..couldn't find it in the search

I am a junior at UT Austin, and during high school I took "dual credit" college classes, which means that i was enrolled at a community college while in high school. In my senior year, i dicked around and did poorly in one of my classes, something I do not want my LSAT gpa to reflect. Since i only took 3 classes, and I have yet to claim credit for those classes, I was wondering if i could just retake them in school, and since I never claimed credit at UT for those classes, choose not to notify lsac of the transcript. Basically, do they have any way of finding out I was enrolled at this community college?

Thanks a mil

Its on Seabass

Re: Transcript Question

Postby Its on Seabass » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Send them in. I was in a similar situation as you. I had taken classes at another university that I never intended on transfering over. I got pretty bad grades in these classes but I sent them in and took the LSAC gpa hit. I wrote an addendum and I dont think the grades had that big of an impact on my cycle i still got into all of my targets but one. They may or may not find out but do you want to risk over 100k on a law degree only to not be seated because you lied pn your application?

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hcaddis

Postby hcaddis » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:41 am

im having a hard time understanding how exactly they would find out? i have yet to claim credit for those classes...so i am a little perplexed to how they would find out i was ever even enrolled. Do they somehow tie it to your SSN?

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:29 am

This question gets asked a lot. The general wisdom seems to be that the Character and Fitness part of passing the bar exam involves such an extensive background check that something like that might come up. So there's a chance no one would ever find out. But there's also a chance they do find out, then they see you didn't report the grades when you applied to law school, you flunk C&F and you just wasted a hundred thousand dollars or so. To most people it doesn't really seem worth the risk.

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:48 pm

Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bert

Postby Bert » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:13 pm

You are required to send them in regardless of the grade you received and whether it can be found out. The LSDAS website is very clear about what needs to be sent in.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”