Into school, but take June LSAT for crack at 175+?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CordeliusX

Into school, but take June LSAT for crack at 175+?

Postby CordeliusX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Yeah I'm OK with not getting into T3, BUT part of me wants to take a 3rd LSAT and see if I can crack the high numbers.

1. I don't think screwing this up can invalidate my admission or my deposit. On top of that, I can cancel too.
2. I think I'll perform better with no pressure. Held true for my 2nd LSAT. I'm curious to see what happens if I take the LSAT and actually get a good night's rest and my brain isn't going to implode/faint/explode.

On the other hand, there's that saying, "let the dead sleep" or whatever. And getting a 180 on the THIRD flippin try isn't exactly as cool as on the first or even second. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead. :lol:

JollyGreenGiant

Re: Into school, but take June LSAT for crack at 175+?

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:28 pm

If you're in at T6, I probably wouldn't.. but that's just me personally. Plenty of solid (178+s) people got shut out from HYS. No guarantee.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:23 pm

I'm taking it a third time. But I was sick the first time and cancelled. I, too, am mostly taking it to crack +175. It is mostly for me. I really tried at the LSAT and just didn't make the score I know I could. Plus, I am trying to get off some WL.

TTTeacher

Postby TTTeacher » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:38 am

You have little to lose but so much to gain. Go for it!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”