USC or Cornell?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

USC (with yearly $18k scholly) or Cornell (potentially no scholly)?

USC
40%
Cornell
60%

Total votes: 62

musicfor18

Re: USC or Cornell?

Postby musicfor18 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm also interested in this thread. I've got a $20,000/year scholarship at USC and waiting for a decision from Cornell. My numbers are 167/3.7. Judging by LSN, most people with my numbers have been waitlisted so far, but my application was a bit late, so who knows.

In any case, I taught at Cornell for one year, so I know Ithaca quite well. It's NOT a city by any means, but it is a pretty cool town with a unique kind of culture and is really beautiful.

im_blue

Re: USC or Cornell?

Postby im_blue » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:17 pm

askhos wrote:Part of me wonders whether it would be worth waiting another year and reapplying as soon as applications for 2011 come out, especially if Cornell rejects me. I know my chances of getting into better schools would be improved if all I did was apply much earlier (even without retaking the LSAT), since I know my application made enough of an impression on Michigan and Berkeley to be put on their waiting lists.

I strongly disagree. Your 3.63/167 are below both medians of every T14 except Cornell, which translates into auto-rejections. The fact that you got waitlisted means nothing.

IMO your options are to attend USC (or Cornell if accepted), or retake and get a 169-170 for next year.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”