Waitlisted at Harvard with no phone interviews...any chance?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NYC2013

Waitlisted at Harvard with no phone interviews...any chance?

Postby NYC2013 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Do I have a very good chance at Harvard if I haven't gotten a phone interview yet and I got wait listed a little while ago?

I'm in at Columbia with a little bit of grant money (nothing big enough to affect a decision) and I know i'd love it there, but I got held by Harvard back in early March and didn't send any updates and got wait listed. My GPA has gone up .05 since I sent in my applications in December, not that big a change but important for me because i'm kind of a splitter (a little under 3.6, 179 LSAT)

Do I have any chance of getting into Harvard once they get my updated transcript?

GeePee

Re: Waitlisted at Harvard with no phone interviews...any chance?

Postby GeePee » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:51 pm

NYC2013 wrote:Do I have a very good chance at Harvard if I haven't gotten a phone interview yet and I got wait listed a little while ago?

I'm in at Columbia with a little bit of grant money (nothing big enough to affect a decision) and I know i'd love it there, but I got held by Harvard back in early March and didn't send any updates and got wait listed. My GPA has gone up .05 since I sent in my applications in December, not that big a change but important for me because i'm kind of a splitter (a little under 3.6, 179 LSAT)

Do I have any chance of getting into Harvard once they get my updated transcript?

Unfortunately, probably not. Harvard seems to be barely dipping below the 3.8 threshold this year, never mind the 3.6 threshold. Enjoy Columbia, you're sure to have a great 3 years there.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”