Are all guys who go to law school unable to get laid?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
prezidentv8

Re: Are all guys who go to law school unable to get laid?

Postby prezidentv8 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:29 pm

GeePee wrote:
KibblesAndVick wrote:Is there any social situation or institution in which a group of post-pubescent males don't act that way?

Would you be half surprised if Scalia and Thomas talked about their clerk's tits when there were no girls around?

Honestly, QFT.

All guys do this. 50 year old married guys do it about as much as 25 year old males in a group of men only (the internet isn't much different; in both situations there are few consequences in how girls IRL perceive you). This is not a matter of growing up; this is sort of just what guys do.

Yup.

MTal

Postby MTal » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:37 pm

I detect a lot of jealousy, envy, and resentment in this thread.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:59 pm

OP... some people talk vulgarly and openly and immaturely about sex and dating, others are more reserved and well-adjusted. You are the latter, and think it makes you better than the former. You will find this distinction in people everywhere in life, and likely have already. It will just endlessly frustrate you to keep feeling the need to condemn others attitudes in order to prop up your own. Hope that makes sense.

sawwaverunner

Postby sawwaverunner » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:22 pm

OP is going to hate working in a large firm.....or with attorneys in general.

faceman9000

Postby faceman9000 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:25 pm

My girlfriend made me want to be a better person...so that I could get a better girlfriend. IN LAW SCHOOL

Mr. Pablo

Postby Mr. Pablo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:50 pm

There is no escape.

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Mr. Pablo wrote:There is no escape.

lmao the way some of you make this sound is hilarious. do you honestly believe that men behave like this everywhere? you really need to get out more.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:56 pm

newyorker88 wrote:
APimpNamedSlickback wrote:that post gave off the clear sense of some serious pent up testosterone.

over/under 1 year since op has gotten laid?

Wow the males on this board really have a difficult time telling the genders a part. The OP is a female. Do the males on this board never interact with the opposite sex? You're so out in left field when it comes to women.

It was obviously a woman speaking, but at least one woman on here couldn't tell. She thought it was the beginning of a romance novel.

To the OP, you're upset that men get together and objectify women? What would you think about a guy who posted how angry he was that women sit around objectifying men, talking about their height, looks, penis size, and income potential? You'd probably imagine him as an unemployed, small dick'ed bald man. I'll leave it at that.

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:00 am

quickquestionthanks wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:
APimpNamedSlickback wrote:that post gave off the clear sense of some serious pent up testosterone.

Wow the males on this board really have a difficult time telling the genders a part. The OP is a female. Do the males on this board never interact with the opposite sex? You're so out in left field when it comes to women.

It was obviously a woman speaking, but at least one woman on here couldn't tell. She thought it was the beginning of a romance novel.

To the OP, you're upset that men get together and objectify women? What would you think about a guy who posted how angry he was that women sit around objectifying men, talking about their height, looks, penis size, and income potential? You'd probably imagine him as an unemployed, small dick'ed bald man. I'll leave it at that.

Objectification of females is way more pervasive in our society you must admit. Look at commericals, ads, tv shows, movies. For example Playgirl magazine is no where as widely distributed or consumed as playboy. Look at most sitcoms it's the fat ugly husband with the pretty wife. i.e. family guy, acording to jim, the simpsons. You can't sit here and honestly say with regards to objectification it's equal among the genders. it's very one sided.
Last edited by newyorker88 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unemployed

Postby Unemployed » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:04 am

KibblesAndVick wrote:Is there any social situation or institution in which a group of post-pubescent males don't act that way?

Would you be half surprised if Scalia and Thomas talked about their clerk's tits when there were no girls around?

Who put pubic hair on my can of coke?

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:05 am

newyorker88 wrote:Objectification of females is way more pervasive in our society you must admit. Look at commericals, ads, tv shows, movies. For example Playgirl magazine is no where as widely distributed or consumed as playboy. You can't sit here and honestly say with regards to objectification it's equal among the genders. it's very one sided.

Sure, I was just pointing out that it's not a good look to complain about men discussing women in a competitive nature. Just as it wouldn't be a good look for a man to complain about women ranking men in a similar fashion. It gives the impressions that you've got sour grapes about the game.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:08 am

newyorker88 wrote: Look at most sitcoms it's the fat ugly husband with the pretty wife. i.e. family guy, acording to jim, the simpsons.

To your updated point, I think that this trend is more a reflection of the balance of powers between genders (bear with me)...

Men were once depicted as strong, intelligent leaders of the family (Honey, I'm home!) Now men are being depicted as fat, slovenly morons. And the level headed, more mature women have to be there to clean up their messes.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:10 am

newyorker88 wrote: Look at most sitcoms it's the fat ugly husband with the pretty wife. i.e. family guy, acording to jim, the simpsons.

To your updated point, I think that this trend is more a reflection of the balance of powers between genders (bear with me)...

Men were once depicted as strong, intelligent leaders of the family (Honey, I'm home!) Now men are being depicted as fat, slovenly morons. And the level headed, more mature women have to be there to clean up their messes.

Bitch, seriously--go get me a sandwich.

Unemployed

Postby Unemployed » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:11 am

newyorker88 wrote:

Flame has no gender.

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:12 am

No, this is because people have finally realized just how fantastically hilarious Jim Belushi is.

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:12 am

newyorker88 wrote:Objectification of females is way more pervasive in our society you must admit. Look at commericals, ads, tv shows, movies. For example Playgirl magazine is no where as widely distributed or consumed as playboy. You can't sit here and honestly say with regards to objectification it's equal among the genders. it's very one sided.

Sure, I was just pointing out that it's not a good look to complain about men discussing women in a competitive nature. Just as it wouldn't be a good look for a man to complain about women ranking men in a similar fashion. .

You're comparing apples and oranges though. Objectification of women is way more pervasive. Someone complaining about something that is everywhere and constant would not be looked at the same as someone who's complaining about something that barely happens.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:13 am

Cupidity wrote:

I'm a dude though.

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:14 am

Unemployed wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:

Flame has no gender.

that term is so overused on this board. Surely tlser have a bigger vocabulary than that.What do you mean by flame? Because the OP is definitely real and being very serious.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:16 am

Cupidity wrote:

I'm a dude though.

Changes nothing.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:19 am

newyorker88 wrote:

Sure, I was just pointing out that it's not a good look to complain about men discussing women in a competitive nature. Just as it wouldn't be a good look for a man to complain about women ranking men in a similar fashion. .

You're comparing apples and oranges though. Objectification of women is way more pervasive. Someone complaining about something that is everywhere and constant would not be looked at the same as someone who's complaining about something that barely happens.

Even more reason not to make such a fuss about it. Cest la vie. Look, the reality is that women stack up almost entirely according to physicality. Thus, it is easier to objectify them. Men rank almost entirely by their social worth, which comes from a lot of things: looks, charm, intelligence, diligence, etc.

There are no fat, ugly rich women that have young handsome men pining for their affection. There are plenty of young buxom beauties that are seeking a rich man, regardless of physicality.

Unemployed

Postby Unemployed » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:21 am

newyorker88 wrote:
Unemployed wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:

Flame has no gender.

that term is so overused on this board. Surely tlser have a bigger vocabulary than that.What do you mean by flame? Because the OP is definitely real and being very serious.

Flame has nothing to do with real vs. alt.

OP was meant to be an unrealistically inflammatory post (what with the indignant tone and cliched accusations befitting a prepubescent teenager) and could easily have been written by anyone - male or female.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:23 am

Unemployed wrote:Flame has nothing to do with real vs. alt.

OP was meant to be an unrealistically inflammatory post (what with the indignant tone and cliched accusations befitting a prepubescent teenager) and could easily have been written by anyone - male or female.

I doubt it. Sounded more like a less than attractive, slightly overweight (but perhaps doesn't realize it) woman who has an ugly boyfriend who keeps her sexually satisfied.

OP? How did I do?

PhantaManta

Postby PhantaManta » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:24 am

This thread is bad and you should feel bad!

Unemployed

Postby Unemployed » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:26 am

Unemployed wrote:Flame has nothing to do with real vs. alt.

I doubt it. Sounded more like a less than attractive, slightly overweight (but perhaps doesn't realize it) woman who has an ugly boyfriend who keeps her sexually satisfied.

OP? How did I do?

I guess I give TLS posters too much credit.
Last edited by Unemployed on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:28 am

Unemployed wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:
Unemployed wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:Wow the males on this board really have a difficult time telling the genders a part. The OP is a female. Do the males on this board never interact with the opposite sex? You're so out in left field when it comes to women.

Flame has no gender.

Flame has nothing to do with real vs. alt.

Again how are you defining the term flame? Someone who makes a post that you find inflammatory? and yes gender and someone being a flame have nothing to do with eachother. not sure why you brought up flame in response to the dicussion on gender. to say what is already known? the two have nothing to do with eachother

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”