Are all guys who go to law school unable to get laid?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
charlesjd

Re: Are all guys who go to law school unable to get laid?

Postby charlesjd » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:23 am

Hey-O wrote:Because they sure sound desperate. I am continually flabbergasted at the 'young boys club' atmosphere of many of the male posters on TLS. Are you 15? Seriously, the only people I know who are constantly talking about sex are people who have problems (i.e. emotional issues with sex) or those who are not getting enough sex.

Granted I am a little older than many people entering law school (27), but I am really surprised at the immaturity I see demonstrated over and over again.

"Where the hottest girls?" "Where can I get a booty call?" "Law school girls are ugly and I go to NYC to get decent tail."

And then there are the people who treat love and relationships like they are trading cards. Ooh, I've got a Barry Bonds but I want to trade up for a Mickey Mantle.

Grow the fuck up. I can't tell whether to be annoyed to to feel sorry for you all. I think I feel sorry for you. You act like love and relationships are a ridiculous fairy tale and sex is a candy bar. It's sad.

I know I'll get a lot of grief for this but I just wanted to put in my two cents.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:45 am

ec2xs wrote:OP - I've long been thinking the same thing. I have anxiety that my class will be filled with misogynistic, sex-starved frat boys based on some of the posts on this board.

UVA sez...

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:16 am

ec2xs wrote:OP - I've long been thinking the same thing. I have anxiety that my class will be filled with misogynistic, sex-starved frat boys based on some of the posts on this board.

People tend to be more forthcoming and let their mouths run loose when anonymously posting in forums. I have a friend who posts on another forum and generally I'm pretty shocked with the comments he makes because he's much more reserved and respectful in person.

legalized

Postby legalized » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:49 am

rx3r wrote:Also, another theory: OP could be female. She has another post about hot baths. Sounds female to me. Also explains why I am responding so positively to the original post.

Yeah the post sounded female to me. Guys don't get offended by guys acting like guys.

I think the law school men are looking forward to it as cheaper stress relief than keeping the alcohol stash full and ready.

Although that is debatable...

legalized

Postby legalized » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:50 am

Eric475 wrote:
rx3r wrote:
He probably had a female looking over his shoulder who was offended by the way most TLSers treat sex, and decided to post this to impress her (and receive sex in return).

Well done.

LMAAAO!

LawandOrder

Postby LawandOrder » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:53 am

OP wants us to get off his lawn.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:07 am

One more theory:

OP could be a shemale, and has intimate knowledge of both genders and so really She/He does know what He/She is talking about

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am

Male or female, that doesn't change the fact that OP just needs to get laid.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:17 am

Thread fail.

OP clearly is female, and I would bet money she has been in "serious relationships" with "mature" guys since like high school. Probably married by now. Try being single for a couple years and see if you aren't willing to step down off your high horse to get a little. I'm sure you'd at least be curious about what your peers were going to be like in law school.

Anyway, second whoever said that the OP is merely a means for her to prop herself up just the same as the people who prop themselves up by posting about the female talent at different schools.

hellojd

Postby hellojd » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:20 am

just my 2 cents - there's honestly a big difference in mentality when you're 27 and when you're 21-23...

I'm in the younger group, and personally don't see anything wrong about chasing girls. too damn young to give that up.

when i'm 27-28 though, i'll probably be leaning towards the "serious relationship" mode.

i think both groups can and should respect each other. but the older group can stay the **** away from me at the club and house parties :lol:

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:24 am

hellojd wrote:just my 2 cents - there's honestly a big difference in mentality when you're 27 and when you're 21-23...

I'm in the younger group, and personally don't see anything wrong about chasing girls. too damn young to give that up.

when i'm 27-28 though, i'll probably be leaning towards the "serious relationship" mode.

i think both groups can and should respect each other. but the older group can stay the **** away from me at the club and house parties :lol:

Truth, a good way to avoid posts that are "immature" is to avoid websites where 21-24 y.o. men post a lot.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:25 am

ughOSU wrote:
hellojd wrote:just my 2 cents - there's honestly a big difference in mentality when you're 27 and when you're 21-23...

Truth, a good way to avoid posts that are "immature" is to avoid [strike]websites where 21-24 y.o. men post a lot.[/strike] the internet

ftfy

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:28 am

haha that's for sure. I do agree with OP on one thing though: the people who complain that law school girls are too ugly to hook up with are almost always making excuses for not being able to get laid.

hellojd

Postby hellojd » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:28 am

ughOSU wrote:

Truth, a good way to avoid posts that are "immature" is to avoid websites where 21-24 y.o. men post a lot.

Truth, a good way to avoid pedophiles is to avoid websites where 25 yr+ old men post a lot.

Really, generalize much? :roll:

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:28 am

Well done, oneforship.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:30 am

hellojd wrote:Truth, a good way to avoid pedophiles is to avoid websites where 25 yr+ old men post a lot.

I'm going to stop posting here, but really? Generalizing that 21-24 y.o. guys would come off as immature to a 27 y.o. woman is uncalled for? I don't know what reality you live in, but I was pretty sure that's almost always true.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:33 am

ughOSU wrote:
hellojd wrote:Truth, a good way to avoid pedophiles is to avoid websites where 25 yr+ old men post a lot.

I'm going to stop posting here, but really? Generalizing that 21-24 y.o. guys would come off as immature to a 27 y.o. woman is uncalled for? I don't know what reality you live in, but I was pretty sure that's almost always true.

Nope. Have you ever heard of a puma?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puma

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:44 am

JessicaTiger wrote:
ughOSU wrote:

Geez. Doesn't anyone date in their own age range anymore?

To be fair, I only date 60 year old women now.

Eric475

Postby Eric475 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:57 am

JessicaTiger wrote:
ughOSU wrote:

Honestly I think it's harder for a young (21-24 year old) guys to get a puma than a couger. Pumas are all about their careers and dating other "career-minded mature men" and would probably feel distasteful towards young men, whereas a couger will be more attracted to the young man because he hasn't matured yet.

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm

I don't know, I don't think TLS is representative of most men at law schools. I didn't get this vibe at all from many of the ASDs I went to. Or maybe men just keep the misogyny to themselves when around females and the internet is the place for them to behave like pigs because of the anonymity.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:37 pm

newyorker88 wrote:

I don't know I don't think TLS is representative of most men at law schools. I didn't get this vibe at all from many of the ASDs I went to. Or maybe men just keep the misogyny to themselves when around other females and the internet is the place for them to behave like pigs because of the anonymity.
a) TLS will be fairly representative. You just won't see that aspect because, well, you'd have to be around to do that and... you can see the problem there.
b) "other females?" :| Confused.
c) It's been established that the misogyny is reserved for when women aren't around. That was identified almost immediately and repeated about 30 times in 30 different ways since.

JTX

Postby JTX » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:54 pm

newyorker88 wrote:I don't know, I don't think TLS is representative of most men at law schools. I didn't get this vibe at all from many of the ASDs I went to. Or maybe men just keep the misogyny to themselves when around females and the internet is the place for them to behave like pigs because of the anonymity.

if you were a chick, i'd tell you to make me a sandwich for this post. you're lucky you're not.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:00 pm

jtxcounitah wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:I don't know, I don't think TLS is representative of most men at law schools. I didn't get this vibe at all from many of the ASDs I went to. Or maybe men just keep the misogyny to themselves when around females and the internet is the place for them to behave like pigs because of the anonymity.

if you were a chick, i'd tell you to make me a sandwich for this post. you're lucky you're not.
Time out. ny88's a guy? News to me. Either way... point "a" stands.

JTX

Postby JTX » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:05 pm

stratocophic wrote:
jtxcounitah wrote:

Time out. ny88's a guy? News to me. Either way... point "a" stands.

dammit i am thoroughly confused. my distaste for NY88 is based on him being a dude. but if she's a she, all the sudden all her posts make sense.

ny88? clarify?

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Fantastic avatar, j

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”