Are all guys who go to law school unable to get laid? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jcl2

Bronze

Re: Are all guys who go to law school unable to get laid?

Post by jcl2 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:33 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
GeePee wrote:
KibblesAndVick wrote:Is there any social situation or institution in which a group of post-pubescent males don't act that way?

Would you be half surprised if Scalia and Thomas talked about their clerk's tits when there were no girls around?
Honestly, QFT.

All guys do this. 50 year old married guys do it about as much as 25 year old males in a group of men only (the internet isn't much different; in both situations there are few consequences in how girls IRL perceive you). This is not a matter of growing up; this is sort of just what guys do.
Sorry, but it's not. As a straight male with many friends who are straight males, I find myself avoiding groups of men who behave this way. Besides the fact that it's sexist, it's fucking boring. The last conversation I want to have is with some dude about how hot he thinks some girl is or what he wants to do with her. I have much better things to do with my time (like drink and screw) than listen to a group of dudes give themselves hard ons talking about some random girl.

Some of us don't act that way. At Boalt, these also seem to be the most well adjusted and least creepy dudes.
I too am a straight male and don't spend much time talking about sex and objectifying women with my friends, I won't say never, but certainly not very often, and I don't think I am atypical.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:35 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:ok ok ok, now that its been established that op is in fact a woman, it seems that yet another 500 pound gorilla in the room has not been addressed.

op's objective hotness: over/under 2/10?

there is no way anyone hot would be this ANGRY about such matters. tyia.

I pointed this out 2 pages ago. I say over...but about 4/10.
Last edited by quickquestionthanks on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:38 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
[strike]Sorry, but it's not. As a straight male with many friends who are straight males, I find myself avoiding groups of men who behave this way. Besides the fact that it's sexist, it's fucking boring. The last conversation I want to have is with some dude about how hot he thinks some girl is or what he wants to do with her. I have much better things to do with my time (like drink and screw) than listen to a group of dudes give themselves hard ons talking about some random girl.

Some of us don't act that way. At Boalt, these also seem to be the most well adjusted and least creepy dudes[/strike]

blah blah blah i drive a hybrid.

ughOSU

Bronze

Post by ughOSU » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:39 pm

jtxcounitah wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:
[strike]Sorry, but it's not. As a straight male with many friends who are straight males, I find myself avoiding groups of men who behave this way. Besides the fact that it's sexist, it's fucking boring. The last conversation I want to have is with some dude about how hot he thinks some girl is or what he wants to do with her. I have much better things to do with my time (like drink and screw) than listen to a group of dudes give themselves hard ons talking about some random girl.

Some of us don't act that way. At Boalt, these also seem to be the most well adjusted and least creepy dudes[/strike]

Fucking LOL.

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:50 pm

After sleeping off the drunk I built up posting on this thread last night, I'm really glad to see it still going. I'm not sure how sexually objectifying a woman is sexist. I'm not saying she isn't good at being anything other than a piece, I'm just saying I don't care.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Attn:

Ladies, I'll suck your toes if you let me see your outline.

P.S. No fat chicks! Thick girls are alright!

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:56 pm

BTW, we all just failed C&F, right?

muahawhawhaw

New

Post by muahawhawhaw » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:57 pm

ughOSU wrote:
jtxcounitah wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:

Fucking LOL.
+ LOLZ

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Hey O, I don't get it, we have cocks that we hope will be sucked and fucked when we're at law school, and we want to know where all the skanky J.D.girls are. Are you sure you're not gay?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Btw:
Beyond hilarious.

dontknowwhereimgoin

New

Post by dontknowwhereimgoin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:05 pm

the only funny thing in this thread was slickback editing out all his erroneous posts only to have them QFP'ed.

Cali167

New

Post by Cali167 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:28 pm

The white knighting is strong in this thread.

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Hey-O wrote:Because they sure sound desperate. I am continually flabbergasted at the 'young boys club' atmosphere of many of the male posters on TLS. Are you 15? Seriously, the only people I know who are constantly talking about sex are people who have problems (i.e. emotional issues with sex) or those who are not getting enough sex.

Granted I am a little older than many people entering law school (27), but I am really surprised at the immaturity I see demonstrated over and over again.

"Where the hottest girls?" "Where can I get a booty call?" "Law school girls are ugly and I go to NYC to get decent tail."

And then there are the people who treat love and relationships like they are trading cards. Ooh, I've got a Barry Bonds but I want to trade up for a Mickey Mantle.

Grow the fuck up. I can't tell whether to be annoyed to to feel sorry for you all. I think I feel sorry for you. You act like love and relationships are a ridiculous fairy tale and sex is a candy bar. It's sad.

I know I'll get a lot of grief for this but I just wanted to put in my two cents.
Do you know any men who are getting enough sex?

I can't name one.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”