Caught checking out hot girl by her parents during ASD...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bilbobaggins

Re: Caught checking out hot girl by her parents during ASD...

Postby bilbobaggins » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:15 pm

byunbee wrote:
weee wrote:You did nothing wrong, just ignore the parents and more casually keep checking out at your leisure. Later when you talk to said girl, joke about how her parents kept staring at you and they were creeping you out.

As a general rule, I think it's a bad idea to tell a girl that her parents creep you out.

Yes. Also, this whole thread has not going to get any in law school written all over it.

BigA

Postby BigA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Always Credited wrote:
weee wrote:You did nothing wrong, just ignore the parents and more casually keep checking out at your leisure. Later when you talk to said girl, joke about how her parents kept staring at you and they were creeping you out.

Introduce yourself to her father and thank him in advance for his daughter's bountiful gifts.

:lol:

champ33

Postby champ33 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:16 pm

RayFinkle wrote:
byunbee wrote:Wait a second. There was a hot girl at your law school ASD?

Pics or it didn't happen.

since i probably won't be attending this year, i'll go ahead and say this was BLS, and there were several, not to mention several current students.. but i'm thinking T2-T4 in major cities would all generally have the highest representation. back on topic, now that i think of it, girls who travel with their moms are doubly useful, in that you get to see present and future. i am willing to endure the awkwardness stated in the OP for this benefit. Seriously though, I really respect women.

Fark-o-vision

Postby Fark-o-vision » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:
champ33 wrote:Has anyone else had this experience? It is somewhat awkward even horrible. My best reaction, I think was to proceed to look intensely at each other person in the room, while aware the parent was still glaring at me, so as to seem like I was sizing everybody up or something, like a serious law student, instead of hoping to introduce myself sexually to said daughter at some point during 1L. What other coping strategies have people found?

more like chump33

Heey-ohh!! Is there a way to -1? That's what I want to do. I want to do that.

byunbee

Postby byunbee » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:30 pm

bilbobaggins wrote: Yes. Also, this whole thread has not going to get any in law school written all over it.

:cry:

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Stare back at the parents and slowly lick your lips.

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:19 am

weee wrote:You did nothing wrong,

It's not really a matter of right and wrong. More of what's appropiate and what's not. and oogling a girl in front of her parents is definitely not!

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:25 am

newyorker88 wrote:
weee wrote:You did nothing wrong,

It's not really a matter of right and wrong. More of what's appropiate and what's not. and oogling a girl in front of her parents is definitely not!
May as well be up front with 'em, honesty's the best policy. "See that? You followin' my line of sight? Aaaaw, yeah. I'ma be all ova that in fo' months."
Disclaimer: This is a joke
Last edited by stratocophic on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigA

Postby BigA » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:33 am

Dude, only good can come of this. My mom always tells me when she sees a girl checking me out. I think she's just trying to help my fragile self esteem. But the point is, I'll look at a girl a little differently after this. So I think she'll definitely be intrigued by you.

screwsandboalts

Postby screwsandboalts » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:48 am

just joined the site and am thankful for the anonymity it allows, because i'll just say that i was between two schools (one marginally "better" than the other)... and the final deciding factor was seeing perhaps the most beautiful girl i have EVER seen at one of the asw's...

seriously. she was unbelievable.

i chose the lesser ranked school, 90% for the right reasons (location, IP interest, etc) - 10% for my future wife.

okay fine. 50-50. :roll:

EDIT: for the record, i'm pretty sure she was alone, so she doesn't lose any points for having crazy-eyed parents.

byunbee

Postby byunbee » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:55 am

screwsandboalts wrote:just joined the site and am thankful for the anonymity it allows, because i'll just say that i was between two schools (one marginally "better" than the other)... and the final deciding factor was seeing perhaps the most beautiful girl i have EVER seen at one of the asw's...

i chose the lesser ranked school, 90% for the right reasons (location, IP interest, etc) - 10% for my future wife.

EDIT: for the record, i'm pretty sure she was alone, so she doesn't lose any points for having crazy-eyed parents.

Daaaaaaamn, I wish I had been accepted at Boalt too. :(

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:03 am

byunbee wrote:
screwsandboalts wrote:just joined the site and am thankful for the anonymity it allows, because i'll just say that i was between two schools (one marginally "better" than the other)... and the final deciding factor was seeing perhaps the most beautiful girl i have EVER seen at one of the asw's...

What makes you think that it's Boalt he's talking about?

entrechatsix

Postby entrechatsix » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 am

well, let's just hope she actually ends up there.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:58 am

Knockglock wrote:
byunbee wrote:

Post history. TLSers become masters of creeping via extensive Facebook training and then apply their studies here.

byunbee

Postby byunbee » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:20 am

stratocophic wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
byunbee wrote:

Post history. TLSers become masters of creeping via extensive Facebook training and then apply their studies here.

Actually, I didn't check his post history or his profile. He said that he was a recent TLS user and his user name is "screwsandboalts. So I just figured he was talking about Berkeley. I could definitely be wrong, just venturing a guess.

byunbee

Postby byunbee » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:24 am

But now that you mention it...aaaaaand...turns out I'm right. But I think you have a point with the creeping thing there. It's 4:30am and I'm still on this damn site.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:39 pm

byunbee wrote:But now that you mention it...aaaaaand...turns out I'm right. But I think you have a point with the creeping thing there. It's 4:30am and I'm still on this damn site.

Looks like I outed myself with that one :oops: :lol:

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Wait a minute. You sound like you didn't even talk to her and don't even know if she's going to be going there. If that's the case you're an idiot.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:59 pm

bitlrc wrote:this happens to me basically everywhere i go

It's why you aren't allowed within 1000 feet of a elementary school anymore.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
bitlrc wrote:this happens to me basically everywhere i go

It's why you aren't allowed within 1000 feet of a elementary school anymore.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:00 pm

newyorker88 wrote:

Wait a minute. You sound like you didn't even talk to her and don't even know if she's going to be going there. If that's the case you're an idiot.

Make sure to tell her on the first day of orientation that she is the single, most important reason you attended the school. This will not freak her out.

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:03 pm

champ33 wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:

Make sure to tell her on the first day of orientation that she is the single, most important reason you attended the school. This will not freak her out.

Yeah, and don't forget to give her the bust of her head you made out of macaroni during those long summer days you spent waiting for her. :P

champ33

Postby champ33 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:05 pm

hahah, maybe you can get sued on the first day of law school

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:12 pm

newyorker88 wrote:

LOL... did you make sure she was going there? Cause if not... :shock: :shock: :D :D :lol: :lol:

screwsandboalts

Postby screwsandboalts » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:12 pm

haha im feelin the heat. yes, i'm going to boalt. no, i didn't talk to her. yes, i'm an idiot - but for many other reasons (i've done much worse than choose a law school based on a girl i've never met)

and trust me- if you saw her, you would have done the same (this comment is directed at any guy- or girl- who likes girls).

EDIT: maybe i should start my own thread, "MYSTERY GIRL FROM BOALT'S ASW, WILL YOU MARRY ME?" :D

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”