Choosing a job for post-grad WE before LS

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Matt07

Choosing a job for post-grad WE before LS

Postby Matt07 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:15 pm

I am graduating in May. I will be applying to LS this next fall. I have two job offers but am having trouble deciding between the two. One is a credit analyst position for a local bank in my hometown. It offers excellent pay and I could spend a year living near my family. This would be my best option for saving money for the expenses of law school. My other option is to live in the town I am going to college. I would be working as an underwriter for an insurance company. The pay isn't as good, but the CoL is very low here. Also, it has great access to the outdoors which I love. Would either of these positions have a better impact on my pre law school WE?

cardinalandgold

Re: Choosing a job for post-grad WE before LS

Postby cardinalandgold » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Neither will have more of an impact over the other in the eyes of legal employers. I would just choose the option that would let you save the most/be close to family, unless you have an SO in the place you went to college that you would like to stay close to.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”