Currently scheduled for June 2010 LSAT, but its looking like a 60% chance of me switching to October. Now, if I switch to October I still plan on applying to schools fairly early (sometime before the actual Oct test if feeling really confident, or no later than the day after I receive my Oct scores). However, if I were to send in my apps that early and then need to retake in December, would schools consider my Dec score as well or would I have already received a rejection reply by then? I heard if you apply early, you receive answers in Dec?
Basically, I want to apply as early as possible but want to know if my opportunity for taking the Dec test is shot by doing this..either way I plan to be ready in Oct but need to ponder the what ifs.
Thanks in advance!
(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 3188
- Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Basically, you can apply early, take the October LSAT and once your score comes in your file will go complete. Then you will start receiving decisions anywhere from two weeks to four months later. If, however, you receive your score and you are not happy with it, you can register to take the LSAT again and the schools you have applied to will see this and they will hold off on a decision until they receive your new score. In fact, they may not even look at your application at all, meaning that once you receive your score in late December/early January, you will be waiting anywhere from two weeks to fourth months from THAT point in time... which kind of sucks, especially for scholarship purposes.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests