In light of the terrible job market...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BarbellDreams

In light of the terrible job market...

Postby BarbellDreams » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:07 pm

...I had a quick question. Lets say I wanna do PI work and just want to take either a Public Defender's position or (preferably) a position with the DAs office, are these jobs close to guaranteed? I understand that government jobs are extremely difficult to get just like firm jobs, but I was under the impression that if one wanted to take a 40k position as an ADA or a Public Defender, those were understaffed and easily attainable. Is this entirely false or what?

Veyron

Re: In light of the terrible job market...

Postby Veyron » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Depends on where.

ggocat

Postby ggocat » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:37 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I understand that government jobs are extremely difficult to get just like firm jobs, but I was under the impression that if one wanted to take a 40k position as an ADA or a Public Defender, those were understaffed and easily attainable. Is this entirely false or what?

Generally speaking, those offices are probably understaffed more so because of budgetary reasons rather than a lack of lawyers wanting to work there.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:45 pm

ggocat wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:I understand that government jobs are extremely difficult to get just like firm jobs, but I was under the impression that if one wanted to take a 40k position as an ADA or a Public Defender, those were understaffed and easily attainable. Is this entirely false or what?

Generally speaking, those offices are probably understaffed more so because of budgetary reasons rather than a lack of lawyers wanting to work there.

titcr

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”