WUSTL Meeting with Admissions Councilor

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MissLucky

WUSTL Meeting with Admissions Councilor

Postby MissLucky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Has anyone done it? Takeaways? What was the experience like? Was it like an interview? Do you think it helped? How long did it last, etc. etc.

THANKS!

MissLucky

Re: WUSTL Meeting with Admissions Councilor

Postby MissLucky » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:31 pm

anyone?

lakerfanimal

Postby lakerfanimal » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:09 pm

It was cool and laid-back at the school I met with them at. I guess sort of like an interview, but you definitely know it's not because they don't ask your numbers or anything like that. It's super helpful if you have questions about admissions stuff, my most pressing questions were about the PS and what they told me did help. In terms of actual admissions I doubt it has any effect, but who knows.

sluguy14

Postby sluguy14 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:27 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:It was cool and laid-back at the school I met with them at. I guess sort of like an interview, but you definitely know it's not because they don't ask your numbers or anything like that. It's super helpful if you have questions about admissions stuff, my most pressing questions were about the PS and what they told me did help. In terms of actual admissions I doubt it has any effect, but who knows.

If you don't mind me asking, what did they tell you about the PS? (WUSTL is one of my targets for this next cycle).

lakerfanimal

Postby lakerfanimal » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:45 pm

sluguy14 wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:It was cool and laid-back at the school I met with them at. I guess sort of like an interview, but you definitely know it's not because they don't ask your numbers or anything like that. It's super helpful if you have questions about admissions stuff, my most pressing questions were about the PS and what they told me did help. In terms of actual admissions I doubt it has any effect, but who knows.

If you don't mind me asking, what did they tell you about the PS? (WUSTL is one of my targets for this next cycle).

Oh I didn't do it with WUSTL, I did it with another school. Basically I asked about whether it's a good idea or not to basically talk about why I want to go to the school sort of at length in my PS (no why X essays for the school) and they said half a page or less wouldn't hurt. Also they said the diversity statement can be good for talking about something you don't address in the PS (assuming it's related to diversity of course).

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:48 am

oh i meant for those who have been wait listed or held THIS cycle and are going in to campus to meet with an adcomm counselor at WUSTL

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”