DePaul or Arizona State? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jhermiz

New

DePaul or Arizona State?

Post by jhermiz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:38 am

I am torn between attending one of these two schools in the fall. Considering scholarships are negligible does anyone have any insight as to which one provides a better outlook after graduation? Thanks!

traehekat

Gold

Re: DePaul or Arizona State?

Post by traehekat » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:18 am

Where do you want to practice, Chicago or Arizona? While ASU is probably a "better" school than DePaul, don't be fooled by their big jump in the rankings - they are still going to be regarded the same by employers. ASU probably does a little bit better in Arizona than DePaul does in Chicago, due to all the competition DePaul faces (despite the larger market), but they are both regional, so it really just comes down to where you want to practice. Can you get in state tuition at ASU? That would play an important role in my decision making process.

articulably suspect

Bronze

Post by articulably suspect » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:32 am

Need to know a little more. However, if you don't mind living in AZ after law school, I would choose ASU.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:26 am

ASU by A LOT, DePaul was a TTT just 2 years ago and are slipping back down to where they belong. They are the 7th best school in an over-saturated marker. Go to ASU, this isn't close.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”