Assessment Scores - How much weight should they hold? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
traehekat

Gold

Assessment Scores - How much weight should they hold?

Post by traehekat » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Well, I have to say I have never seen nor heard of assessment scores by judges and lawyers in the law school rankings. This strikes me as odd, because it would seem this would be a rather important number to be aware of, perhaps even the most important number, outside of overall rank. Is this relatively new?

Either way, since I have just discovered these assessment scores, I am wondering how much weight to put into them? I ask because the two schools I am considering (Iowa and Wake Forest), appear to have relatively high assessment scores (3.9 and 3.6, respectively). Between the T15-T24 (all higher ranked schools than Iowa), only 2 schools have a higher assessment score than Iowa (Texas and Vanderbilt), and only UNC ties Iowa at 3.9. Wake on the other hand is tied with schools like UIUC, BU, and BC. They also have a better score than schools like USC, IUB, Davis, Fordham, OSU, and Washington.

So um, can somebody please translate what this may mean in regards to job prospects?

remotelyfeasible

New

Re: Assessment Scores - How much weight should they hold?

Post by remotelyfeasible » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:18 pm

These are all regional schools. Choose between them based on location not assessment scores.

To answer your question, I wouldn't put any weight on them. It's a nationally averaged score. You won't be applying to a national panel, just to individuals in the region of these schools. All are well-regarded in their region.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”