Need some advice about a LOCI

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Phreeze
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:20 pm

Need some advice about a LOCI

Postby Phreeze » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Hey all, I need some advice on a LOCI I am thinking about sending. Quick background on my numbers etc. before I begin. URM, LSAC 2.94 gpa and 149 lsat.

I am happy to report I got wait listed @ Villanova. I already secured my deposit @ a tier 4 school to ensure fall enrollment and plan on taking the LSAT in June for scholarship purposes. I want to write a LOCI to Villanova but I'm not sure when I should send it in. Should I mention the re-take and send it over ASAP? Perhaps wait till after the LSAT and see if my score improves? I feel that re-taking and improving will have an impact on my decision w/ Nova. I am just not sure if I should send the LOCI before or after the fact. I leave the floor open to suggestions :D. Thanks guys!

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Need some advice about a LOCI

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:13 am

My best guess is that if you send a letter of continued interest to Villanova that notes your plan to retake the LSAT, then you are just giving Villanova a reason to delay acting on your file until the new LSAT score is in.
P.S. How did you know that I am a guy?

User avatar
Phreeze
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Need some advice about a LOCI

Postby Phreeze » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:41 am

Thanks for the post. If anyone wants to chime in, please do.

PS
Woops! I didn't mean "guys" to denote sex. Just the group as a whole :) so.... addendum to my last line!

Thanks gals and guys :D




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests