What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:35 am

1-Yale
2-Harvard
3-Columbia
4- NYU
4- University of Chicago
6- Stanford
7- Northwestern
8- University of Pennsylvania
8- University of Virginia
10-Georgetown
10- University of Michigan
12- Duke
13- University of California-Berkeley
14- Vanderbilt
14- UCLA
16- Cornell
17- UT-Austin
18- George Washington
18- WUSTL
20- University of Southern California
21- Minnesota
22- Illinois
23-Emory
24-Boston University
24- Notre Dame
26- Brigham Young
26- Fordham
28- Washington & Lee
28- William & Mary
30- Washington
Here's the T30! :roll:

dan55v
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby dan55v » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:37 am

I take it you're an east coaster

User avatar
Spaceman Spiff
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby Spaceman Spiff » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:47 am

dan55v wrote:I take it you're an east coaster


I'm not so sure. He did knock BC out of the T30, replacing it with BYU.
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hannibalhamlin61
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby hannibalhamlin61 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:47 am

I take it you went to an 'alternative' middle school.

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby holydonkey » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:49 am

Good job sport! You're a winner! High Five!

ChrisC
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 11:32 am

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby ChrisC » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am

Only on TLS would someone take the time to rank 'what they think' the 30 best law schools should be. :?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby Grizz » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:42 am

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Jay-Electronica
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby Jay-Electronica » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:45 am

no one cares

reverendt
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:56 am

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby reverendt » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:48 am

...and I assume this is the result of an extensive study and your vast personal knowledge of what it takes to have a first rate law school?

User avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:07 pm

reverendt wrote:...and I assume this is the result of an extensive study and your vast personal knowledge of what it takes to have a first rate law school?


I spent five years traveling from law school to law school and lived amongst the inhabitants which allowed me to make this fine list. This is based off how hard I partied at each law school. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:12 pm

--ImageRemoved--

I really don't know anything about law school rankings...

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby tram988 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:1-Yale
2-Harvard
3-Columbia
4- NYU
4- University of Chicago
6- Stanford
7- Northwestern
8- University of Pennsylvania
8- University of Virginia
10-Georgetown
10- University of Michigan
12- Duke
13- University of California-Berkeley
14- Vanderbilt
14- UCLA
16- Cornell
17- UT-Austin
18- George Washington
18- WUSTL
20- University of Southern California
21- Minnesota
22- Illinois
23-Emory
24-Boston University
24- Notre Dame
26- Brigham Young
26- Fordham
28- Washington & Lee
28- William & Mary
30- Washington
Here's the T30! :roll:


Blatant anti-BC bias.

nocal
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 2:43 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby nocal » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:59 am

Strangest ranking I have seen yet.

WhatTheLawSchool
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:04 am

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby WhatTheLawSchool » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
reverendt wrote:...and I assume this is the result of an extensive study and your vast personal knowledge of what it takes to have a first rate law school?


I spent five years traveling from law school to law school and lived amongst the inhabitants which allowed me to make this fine list. This is based off how hard I partied at each law school. :mrgreen:



HAHA, you partied hard enough at BYU to have it in the top 30?! You must have similar partying methods to people like me, because BYU should be ranked dead last when it comes to the typical definition of partying. LOL

bigben
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby bigben » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:22 pm

This looks like an ordering based on LSAT percentiles.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:21 pm

nocal wrote:Strangest ranking I have seen yet.



Stick around, maybe PDaddy will do his rankings.

bigben
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby bigben » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:28 pm

I just glanced at the LSAT data. Confirmed that this is (consistent with) a ranking based on LSAT percentiles. If you sort by 75th LSAT percentile, then sort within that ordering by the 25th, this is what you get. At least for the top 16 here which is all I checked.

Pretty interesting actually. I don't know if the OP did this purposely.

User avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:21 pm

bigben wrote:I just glanced at the LSAT data. Confirmed that this is (consistent with) a ranking based on LSAT percentiles. If you sort by 75th LSAT percentile, then sort within that ordering by the 25th, this is what you get. At least for the top 16 here which is all I checked.

Pretty interesting actually. I don't know if the OP did this purposely.


No I didn't do this purposely.. I just felt like putting GPA>LSAT schools in their place... :twisted:

lawlife2010
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby lawlife2010 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:38 pm

yeah, totally looks like you are biased in favor of the east coast

bigben
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby bigben » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:43 pm

lawlife2010 wrote:yeah, totally looks like you are biased in favor of the east coast


Or biased in favor of high LSATs.

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: What I think the US News Rankings Should Be! (T30)

Postby pleasetryagain » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:46 pm

egregious Vandy trolling.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maybeman and 6 guests