community service

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tasteofred

community service

Postby tasteofred » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:25 am

When applying, do you put community service on your resume or in the app somewhere? Was I supposed to be keeping track of where/when I was volunteering? Or do you just give an estimate of hours and list what places you volunteered for?

Thank you :)

doinmybest

Re: community service

Postby doinmybest » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:43 am

tasteofred wrote:When applying, do you put community service on your resume or in the app somewhere? Was I supposed to be keeping track of where/when I was volunteering? Or do you just give an estimate of hours and list what places you volunteered for?

Thank you :)

Some schools like Notre Dame requested a specific format for listing volunteering hours. When I listed the volunteering activity I put down the average number of hours a week I did it. That was what some of the more picky schools wanted, so thats what I gave everybody.

acash09

Re: community service

Postby acash09 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:54 am

I did a ton of community service and philanthropy throughout college and I believed it to be a strong part of my application, so I made sure to add it to my resume, as well as mention it in my PS. Some schools don't specifically request it, but it doesn't hurt to mention the service you've done. I didn't go into specifics with hours per week or anything though.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”