Seeking advice, thank you

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Arip9

Seeking advice, thank you

Postby Arip9 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:31 am

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am seeking out advice from fellow law school applicants with more knowledge about the process and schools than me. Here is a little background.
I took the LSAT late (february 2010) and obviously this has hurt my chances because of the limited spaces due to rolling admission. I applied to a bunch of schools because of the wide range of possibilities stemming from the fact that I did not know my LSAT score and what schools would suit me.
I am a resident of Baltimore and as of now, the only schools that have accepted me are....Southwestern in LA, Syracuse, University of Baltimore, and Case Western Reserve (however I received a scholarship of $15,000) to case western. With all this being said, I am still waiting to hear back from other schools (both higher aptitude and lower). My predicament is that I dont know where and if I should put the deposits down. I already placed the $300 deposit for Bmore because I visited, liked it, and I am from the area and it is on the rise. I do not think I will for Syracuse or Southwestern as they are backups with expensive deposits and no real interest. I am however considering case western becase of the the scholarship and reasonably strong academic background.

I really would appreciate if you all could help me out in whether I should consider Case heavily and the pros and cons about it, same with Bmore, and if I should also proceed with cuse and southwestern, and if I should continue to wait for all the schools I applied to.

Thank you very much for your time and advice it is much appreciated,

Ari

RickyRoe

Re: Seeking advice, thank you

Postby RickyRoe » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:43 am

No brainer, go to Case. If Baltimore is "on the rise" it is because they have no place to go but up. If there was some financial reason to go to UB then I might consider it, but if Case is offering $15,000 and UB is offering nothing then it pretty much puts them at the same price.

That said, it is hard to give you good advice without knowing your numbers or what other schools you applied to.

Arip9

Postby Arip9 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:05 am

Thank you RickyRoe. My scores are LSAT 160 and GPA 3.3. I applied to buncha state schools in mid west (Uminnesota, U of I, Indiana), also in south (UF) I applied to COrdoza and Brooklyn, MD, some pennsylvania schools (Temple, Villanova) Cali (loyola marymount), Colorado-Boulder, Chicago-Kent, UConn. Those are the main ones off top of my head.

Thanks again

RickyRoe

Postby RickyRoe » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:54 am

I cant believe UB didnt offer you a scholarship, but Case did. To be honest you are really lucky you got into Case in the first place, your numbers are good but not great and you applied very late in the cycle.

If you get into MD I would go there. In-state tuition would be hard to pass up. You probably don't have the numbers for IU, UI, or Minn, but if you get lucky those are great state schools.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”