Need to make decision fast

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bobo11111111111

Re: Need to make decision fast

Postby bobo11111111111 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:23 pm

renata96 wrote:My doctor told me if he could do everything over he would not go to Med school. He complained that his friends who did business made it way quicker than he did and with way less debt. On the other side I've talked to a couple, one was a lawyer one was a doctor, and they said take the medical route. Being a doctor is harder to get through (way more school), but making it as a lawyer is way more difficult. However if you make it as a lawyer you can make a lot more money by opening your own practice than doctors--not to mention with the new healthcare bill that may change things with being a doctor too.
People who make it big in business are usually the ones who start their own businesses, not so much the ones who get an MBA, althought it is possible.
WHoever you ask if going to tell you something so really have to see the pros and cons of each and decide which one seems like you'd rather do.

What do you mean by make it big? I think that depends on the person.

tru

Postby tru » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:10 pm

Chiropractor FTW

Jones, Dow

Postby Jones, Dow » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 pm

i need a clarification...

you pop their back, they let out a *toot*, and you tell them whether they're low in iron?

what exactly does a chiropractor with a specialization in aroma therapy do?

AtticusFinch

Postby AtticusFinch » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Jones, Dow wrote:i need a clarification...

you pop their back, they let out a *toot*, and you tell them whether they're low in iron?

what exactly does a chiropractor with a specialization in aroma therapy do?

I believe the aroma therapy is to mask the *toot*.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:35 pm

JustDude wrote:What should I do?

1) Option 1 - medical school. ND program (naturopath) in Oregon. Basically new advanced methods to treat people without corporate greed and with natural substances. 200K in debt. Will probably make 100-200K after graduation

2) Tier 3 Law School. Regional. Will probably make top 15%-17% of the class. 200K in debt. Median salary there is 90K, so I would assume that in a worst way scenario I will make 90K.

3) Chiropractor degree with specialization in aromatherapy. Selfexplanatory.

4) Business degree. Didnt apply yet, but can get into solid state school (Thinl calstate system).

5) Ultimate - Joint degree JD/ND (Or oher holistic medicine). Probably limitless potential

Discuss

In an era of increased suspicion of "mainstream" healthcare and pharmaceutical companies, you have an extremely attractive option in a homeopathic medical specialty. It's not something to be taken lightly, even given the large amount of debt that will be required to attain the degree.

That said, your law school option is not to be sneezed at either. The law is a well established and highly prestigious field, and it offers to many of those who pursue it the opportunity for prestige, monetary gain, and overall job satisfaction. If you can secure closer to 12-16%, your options will increase significantly.

However, given the enduring staying power of degrees related to human physiology, my vote has to be for chiropractic study. Nothing rivals the satisfaction and importance of "adjusting" the human body to the way nature truly intended it to go. Enjoy chiro school, and may it bring you as many rewards/strip mall leases as it has brought all those who've come before you.

JustDude

Postby JustDude » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 pm

flawyer wrote:
JustDude wrote:
flawyer wrote:Justdude, you have 7000+ TLS posts, and you may not even go to law school...

Do you also post on holistic medicine blogs?

I think you may want to just walk away from the computer, go talk to people in person, socialize in real life...

Thanks 60 posts poster

I guess I should apologize for having an actual social life and not posting on an online law school forum enough. PS. from someone who has been in the workforce: A person who has to ask others whether he should be a; T3 lawyer, Holistic medicine doctor (lolol), chiropractor, or get an MBA probably isn't going to do so hot in his/her profession. YOU HAVE NO DIRECTION!

best of luck at your TTTTTTTTTT Law School.... I have 60 posts but im going to a T6, you have 7000 posts and your going to a TTT.

...served

Seriously, people with less then 100 posts should not be allowed in my threads. There should be a rule - get 100 posts and then be allowed to respond in threads

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:44 am

Natropath FTW. What could be better than healing through the power of twigs and shrubs and bark.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:55 am

patrickd139 wrote:
flawyer wrote:
JustDude wrote:
flawyer wrote:Justdude, you have 7000+ TLS posts, and you may not even go to law school...

I think you may want to just walk away from the computer, go talk to people in person, socialize in real life...

Thanks 60 posts poster

I guess I should apologize for having an actual social life and not posting on an online law school forum enough. PS. from someone who has been in the workforce: A person who has to ask others whether he should be a; T3 lawyer, Holistic medicine doctor (lolol), chiropractor, or get an MBA probably isn't going to do so hot in his/her profession. YOU HAVE NO DIRECTION!

best of luck at your TTTTTTTTTT Law School.... I have 60 posts but im going to a T6, you have 7000 posts and your going to a TTT.

...served

It's a fucking troll post. Is this who they're letting into T6 lawl schools these days? Is there a sixth tier of law schools I don't know about?
Nah, it's just that the flaw referred to in 'flawyer' is a crippling inability to recognize sarcasm and TLS BS. Perhaps everyone's favorite renegade angel could treat the disability through a combination of pungent scented candles and backrubs?

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:57 am

stratocophic wrote:Nah, it's just that the flaw referred to in 'flawyer' is a crippling inability to recognize sarcasm and TLS BS. Perhaps everyone's favorite renegade angel could treat the disability through a combination of pungent scented candles and backrubs?

Is there some sort of chiropractic sarcasm realignment procedure?
Last edited by Renzo on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:00 am

flawyer wrote:
JustDude wrote:

Thanks 60 posts poster

...served

so i missed the correlation between number of posts and admittance into law school...

JustDude

Postby JustDude » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:05 am

Renzo wrote:
stratocophic wrote:Nah, it's just that the flaw referred to in 'flawyer' is a crippling inability to recognize sarcasm and TLS BS. Perhaps everyone's favorite renegade angel could treat the disability through a combination of pungent scented candles and backrubs?

Nope, the guy is just familiar with modern cartoonss

JustDude

Postby JustDude » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:06 am

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
flawyer wrote:
JustDude wrote:

Thanks 60 posts poster

...served

so i missed the correlation between number of posts and admittance into law school...

If there were a connection. We would hang out in new heaven now

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:09 am

Renzo wrote:

Mention that people would be willing to pay for it within earshot of a chiro and there will be, assuming there isn't one in existence already
MrSoOoFLy wrote:
flawyer wrote:
JustDude wrote:

Thanks 60 posts poster

...served

Reasoning problems too, eh? I move that the mods change his handle to 'flawsyer'

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:13 am

JustDude wrote:
Renzo wrote:

Nope, the guy is just familiar with modern cartoonss
Too much time spent watching Adult Swim. Undergrad insomnia FTL
JustDude wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:
flawyer wrote:
JustDude wrote:
Thanks 60 posts poster

...served

I'd call Freudian slip, but from all I've heard the town's too close to the opposite for that to be the case.

BruceBarr

Postby BruceBarr » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:12 pm

JustDude wrote:
flawyer wrote:
JustDude wrote:

Thanks 60 posts poster

...served

Seriously, people with less then 100 posts should not be allowed in my threads. There should be a rule - get 100 posts and then be allowed to respond in threads

Dumbest thing I've ever read.

JustDude

Postby JustDude » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:33 pm

BruceBarr wrote:
JustDude wrote:

Dumbest thing I've ever read.

You need to read more boy. May I suggest NYT

JustDude

Postby JustDude » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:35 pm

stratocophic wrote:
JustDude wrote:

I'd call Freudian slip, but from all I've heard the town's too close to the opposite for that to be the case.

I'd call someone has a big penis.

But seriously I always thought "haven" was a typo. I guess I was wrong
Last edited by JustDude on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlesjd

Postby charlesjd » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:35 pm

LOL... @ the irony

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”