TTTT with a 175k a year paying job!!!! Nepotism works, kids!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hannibalhamlin61

Re: TTTT with a 175k a year paying job!!!! Nepotism works, kids!

Postby hannibalhamlin61 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:49 pm

sternc wrote:OP- Congrats. Now I honestly have no problem with nepotism, but your being from such a family means one of the things you should have learned growing up is humility. You are very fortunate to be in the position you are in, and you have to understand its a position not shared by the majority of people anywhere. In this light, people are naturally not going to want to hear how you got advantages that most people will never have. While the saying doesn't exactly fit this situation, it's more about what you have in the bank, not the driveway. You do not need to be flashy and go to great lengths (i.e. a post on a website) to alert people of your own good fortune. All it does is make you look petty. Truly wealthy people, from wealthy families, tend to avoid such practices. Again, Congrats, but keep it to yourself.

Apparently you missed the memo...

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Quapizar, sorry that we've all been jerks. Seriously.

Congratulations on becoming a cloud-riding vampire lawyer.

sternc

Postby sternc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Ha, hannibal I know what you are saying and can see what you are getting at, but, trust me, I'm not one of the people I'm describing. It's more of a feeling I've gotten from meeting some of the people I'm describing.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Meh... this probably happens more than most care to acknowledge. Big fucking deal.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:55 pm

sternc wrote:Ha, hannibal I know what you are saying and can see what you are getting at, but, trust me, I'm not one of the people I'm describing. It's more of a feeling I've gotten from meeting some of the people I'm describing.
The rest of your statement does not support this assertion. :|

sternc

Postby sternc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Why not? I don't think its very odd to come into contact with very wealthy people, even if you are not necessarily one of them? Maybe it isn't completely normal, but far from impossible. This thread really took off.

hannibalhamlin61

Postby hannibalhamlin61 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:00 pm

sternc wrote:Ha, hannibal I know what you are saying and can see what you are getting at, but, trust me, I'm not one of the people I'm describing. It's more of a feeling I've gotten from meeting some of the people I'm describing.

Thanks...I guess. I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say. I was just trying to bring to your attention that the OP thinks is a 'graduate of a vampire boarding school' and comes from a long line of 'dragon-riders'.

So you trying to figure out where he is coming from or relate to his post is not a good idea.

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:02 pm

I found this thread yesterday whilst looking about for info on Loyola - NO

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62

It starts out innocently enough, and then LSU Lawless leads the other posters into the mouth of madness.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:03 pm

hannibalhamlin61 wrote:

Thanks...I guess. I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say. I was just trying to bring to your attention that the OP thinks is a 'graduate of a vampire boarding school' and comes from a long line of 'dragon-riders'.

So you trying to figure out where he is coming from or relate to his post is not a good idea.

FWIW: Took my kid to see "How to Train Your Dragon" last Friday night. A surprisingly good movie.

Ok, on with the shit fest.

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:04 pm

hannibalhamlin61 wrote:

I think this was a case of only reading the first page or two and then making a comment on it.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm

sternc wrote:Why not? I don't think its very odd to come into contact with very wealthy people, even if you are not necessarily one of them? Maybe it isn't completely normal, but far from impossible. This thread really took off.
I was under the impression hannibal was referencing the fact that OP is batshit insane.
Edit: and it appears I was correct. This thread is chock full of crazy and win.
Last edited by stratocophic on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: TTTT with a 175k a year paying job!!!!

Postby 09042014 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Ray wrote:The dude had a 2.7 probably in some shitty major. It's not like he was employable, good economy or not.

Quapizar wrote:it was an art major. my UG was tough.

hannibalhamlin61

Postby hannibalhamlin61 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:09 pm

stratocophic wrote:
sternc wrote:Why not? I don't think its very odd to come into contact with very wealthy people, even if you are not necessarily one of them? Maybe it isn't completely normal, but far from impossible. This thread really took off.
I was under the impression hannibal was referencing the fact that OP is batshit insane.
Edit: and it appears I was correct. This thread is chock full of crazy and win.

This.

I was just trying to stop the snowball I saw coming, but shit just got awkward.

stratocophic

Re: TTTT with a 175k a year paying job!!!!

Postby stratocophic » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:13 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Ray wrote:The dude had a 2.7 probably in some shitty major. It's not like he was employable, good economy or not.

Quapizar wrote:it was an art major. my UG was tough.

Hey now, that's totally offensive to the homeless. Sorry homeless people, that was low and I have nothing against you

bigchris1313

Postby bigchris1313 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:22 pm

I am most displeased that I arrived late to the party.

This thread looked ever so winrar.

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:40 pm

bigchris1313 wrote:I am most displeased that I arrived late to the party.

This thread looked ever so winrar.

Don't worry - this thread won't ever die. It will live on in Quapizar's imagination.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”