For those who have scored well on the LSAT.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Talking Ape

For those who have scored well on the LSAT.

Postby Talking Ape » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:32 am

When taking your practice tests, how was your timing? My official scores aren't on point with my practice scores, and i'm trying to iron out my problem.

Were you finishing early in sections? How about on the actual test?

I've been able to score extremely well in practice tests, but also cut it close to the time. Do you all think that true mastery of the test involves being able to do it with time left?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

KG_CalGuy

Re: For those who have gotten 170+ scores on the LSAT.

Postby KG_CalGuy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:42 am

I actually scored ~2 points below my practice tests. My practice timing varied from section to section but was generally fast. I'd finish logical reasoning (arguments) with about 8-10 minutes extra time, games with ~3 minutes, and reading comp with 3-5 minutes. Then again, timing was always affected by that one weird question that shows up or the realization that I'd made a significant mistake on games.

On test day I still finished arguments way early. I finished reading comp. slightly early but remember being slightly confused about the phrasing of a question and kept dwelling on it till the last minute. I finished games ~3 minutes early.

Score was 173 btw. Difference between 173 and 175 (my average) was only 1 question.

ze2151

Re: For those who have scored well on the LSAT.

Postby ze2151 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:46 am

once you get it, you'll start finishing very early on games and LR (on my official, i finished both LR sections in <25 min and LG in <30 min). RC was always a time crunch for me, and on my official i finished RC just under the wire. it's all patterns. see a lot of qs and develop an ability to see patterns. 176 was my score fwiw.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:48 am

I worked slower on the real test. I end up guessing 3 LR questions. I got a 170. I guess I could have had a 173 if I had the time. I was extra cautious with the LR questions, I pretty much double checked every question after answer and I read all 5 answers. I didn't want to make a mistake. The result is it took longer than expected. I was happy with the accuracy though.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:54 am

LR was the only section I ever was fine with for pacing. I typically would feel rushed on RC as well as LG. You don't have to be a machine like some people and finish over 5 minutes early on sections to do really well. 174 on test day (had to guess on 2 LG q's-on dino game).

Talking Ape

Postby Talking Ape » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:58 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:LR was the only section I ever was fine with for pacing. I typically would feel rushed on RC as well as LG. You don't have to be a machine like some people and finish over 5 minutes early on sections to do really well. 174 on test day (had to guess on 2 LG q's-on dino game).

Great avatar/username, btw.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”