Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
KibblesAndVick
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:29 am

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby KibblesAndVick » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:36 pm

You don't go to Yale or Harvard to meet good looking girls in class. You go to Yale and Harvard so you can meet randos and tell them you're a law student at Yale/Harvard. And that's to speak nothing of the highschool gossipy nature of law school social life that would discourage you from walking down that route even if the girls were up to your standards.

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby newyorker88 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Peter North wrote:Oh well.

We know H had at least one hot chick...


:D


Dude you must be old if you are calling faculty "chicks".


The person in his avatar is old as hell. Not sure if that's his dad or him. or maybe some man that he likes.

User avatar
dutchstriker
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby dutchstriker » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:03 pm

newyorker88 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Peter North wrote:Oh well.

We know H had at least one hot chick...


:D


Dude you must be old if you are calling faculty "chicks".


The person in his avatar is old as hell. Not sure if that's his dad or him. or maybe some man that he likes.

May also be Peter North.

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16 am

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
princeton might be in the top 15 for school with the hottest girls, believe it or not. however, i concede that i have very specific preferences with respect to girls that others might not share.


hook noses? bad teeth? spare tires?

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:19 am


APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:20 am

Lmao Zedong wrote:
APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
princeton might be in the top 15 for school with the hottest girls, believe it or not. however, i concede that i have very specific preferences with respect to girls that others might not share.


hook noses? bad teeth? spare tires?


many of the most attractive girls from my secondary school went to princeton, and i've been to parties at the eating clubs on a few occasions.

there are beat girls at every school, but dude i'd be curious to find out what you're basing your post on.

edit: but again, i'll grant that i dont find the kind of hot girl that you'd find at, say, florida state attractive at all. stuff like uggs, bleached hair and implants are pretty much dealbreakers as far as i'm concerned so yeah.
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby newyorker88 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:20 am

dutchstriker wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Peter North wrote:Oh well.

We know H had at least one hot chick...


:D


Dude you must be old if you are calling faculty "chicks".


The person in his avatar is old as hell. Not sure if that's his dad or him. or maybe some man that he likes.

May also be Peter North.


oh shit I just googled that name. wow smh

User avatar
fenderjsm88
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby fenderjsm88 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:15 am

Even if there are any hot girls at those schools, they'll probably be married or something.

User avatar
pugalicious
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby pugalicious » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:20 am

fenderjsm88 wrote:Even if there are any hot girls at those schools, they'll probably be married or something.


Nice avatar. You, sir, are a mouthful.

: )

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:01 am

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
Lmao Zedong wrote:
APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
princeton might be in the top 15 for school with the hottest girls, believe it or not. however, i concede that i have very specific preferences with respect to girls that others might not share.


hook noses? bad teeth? spare tires?


many of the most attractive girls from my secondary school went to princeton, and i've been to parties at the eating clubs on a few occasions.

there are beat girls at every school, but dude i'd be curious to find out what you're basing your post on.

edit: but again, i'll grant that i dont find the kind of hot girl that you'd find at, say, florida state attractive at all. stuff like uggs, bleached hair and implants are pretty much dealbreakers as far as i'm concerned so yeah.


actually, my post was completely unfounded

just felt like poking some fun. though in all seriousness, if i had to take a wild stab in the dark at it, i wouldn't be guess princeton merits anywhere near top-15 status. TTT fo sho

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby crackberry » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:12 am

So I can't see any of Peter's posts but I definitely didn't "foe" him or whatever. If he "foe'd" me, would I not be able to see his posts? Or did he just disappear into thin air?

According to my screen, this thread was started by kittenmittons.

User avatar
r2b2ct
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby r2b2ct » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 am

He vanished off the face of TLS! :shock:

User avatar
entrechatsix
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby entrechatsix » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:53 am

crackberry wrote:So I can't see any of Peter's posts but I definitely didn't "foe" him or whatever. If he "foe'd" me, would I not be able to see his posts? Or did he just disappear into thin air?

According to my screen, this thread was started by kittenmittons.


+1. it took a while to even realize wth was going on.

oh wait, no... wth is going on?

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby Unitas » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:19 am

crackberry wrote:So I can't see any of Peter's posts but I definitely didn't "foe" him or whatever. If he "foe'd" me, would I not be able to see his posts? Or did he just disappear into thin air?

According to my screen, this thread was started by kittenmittons.


What happened? :?:

His pms to me became Anonymous and underneath it says he is no longer a registered user... This is very strange, as I didn't think TLS deleted people’s accounts under any circumstances.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:39 am

it's time for someone else to start some conspiracy theory or let's have a "Who was really Peter North thread". I don't want to start one but I really would love to read one.

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby Rawlsian » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 am

r6_philly wrote:it's time for someone else to start some conspiracy theory or let's have a "Who was really Peter North thread". I don't want to start one but I really would love to read one.


betasteve wrote:1) Peter North is not who you think he is. His IP addresses are not even close, nor are they spoofed or are they a proxy. We can shut down the conspiracy theory now.
2) With that, this alt is now banned and user can resume posting under his/her normal username.
Thread is locked.


Unitas, we need more detective work.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 am

so I was right about the alt...

lets start guessing! I think it's a very regular poster. Not I by the way.

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:54 am

it wasn't me, but all i want to say is lol at the new, unwitting op of this thread.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:56 am

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:it wasn't me, but all i want to say is lol at the new, unwitting op of this thread.


Is it really now???

:mrgreen: :lol: :P

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby Unitas » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:04 am

r6_philly wrote:so I was right about the alt...

lets start guessing! I think it's a very regular poster. Not I by the way.


That quote doesn't say North is an alt.

That quote from BetaSteve was talking about the alt who posted in the thread I created defending my theory. In no way did it indicate North was an alt. In fact if North was an alt BetaSteve would have banned him then. Therefore, it is likely North is/was not an alt of a regular poster.

Anyone think North requested his entire history to be deleted? I have never heard of it otherwise, even for alts, trolls, and flames...

Rawlsian wrote:
betasteve wrote:1) Peter North is not who you think he is. His IP addresses are not even close, nor are they spoofed or are they a proxy. We can shut down the conspiracy theory now.
2) With that, this alt is now banned and user can resume posting under his/her normal username.
Thread is locked.


Unitas, we need more detective work.


Ok here is what I have so far. Never have I seen TLS delete an entire person (I am new this year so forgive me if it happens a lot). Some examples: ones that out other posters i.e. crazy testmasters lady (they just ban them and delete/edit the offending posts), flames are usually ok and banned for time periods when a timeout is needed i.e. too many to list, and I don't really know of any alts except the one in the thread I created and his posts still exist - the account was just banned. So what could North have done to deserve the deletion of his entire persona? Other weird things it creates is new authors to really weird threads.. Weird one sided conversations with quotes attributed to someone who no longer exists.. and distances the real person behind North from his posts..

Only thing I can really think is that it was a request of Norths. Any thoughts?


*waits for Betasteve to come and give the right answer.*
Last edited by Unitas on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:16 am

I don't know the philosophy here, but I would not have deleted an user account and history on request most of the time. I can only think of certain situations where risk to injury is involved... But I am not running this site. In the past I have dealt with this 100's of times elsewhere and I always leave them be.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby Unitas » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:38 am

r6_philly wrote:I don't know the philosophy here, but I would not have deleted an user account and history on request most of the time. I can only think of certain situations where risk to injury is involved... But I am not running this site. In the past I have dealt with this 100's of times elsewhere and I always leave them be.


I have only done it and seen it done with advertisers that spam all forums at once and it is just easier to delete them altogether.

TLS isn't set up to do it either in this kind of case, as usually there would be placeholders for the deleted person so threads wouldn't be attributed to new people. It is very interesting and leads me to believe that someone truly outed North, which could have hurt him professionally.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:49 am

Unitas wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I don't know the philosophy here, but I would not have deleted an user account and history on request most of the time. I can only think of certain situations where risk to injury is involved... But I am not running this site. In the past I have dealt with this 100's of times elsewhere and I always leave them be.


I have only done it and seen it done with advertisers that spam all forums at once and it is just easier to delete them altogether.

TLS isn't set up to do it either in this kind of case, as usually there would be placeholders for the deleted person so threads wouldn't be attributed to new people. It is very interesting and leads me to believe that someone truly outed North, which could have hurt him professionally.


If you delete the thread starter the next guy/post inherents it. You can't have an empty pointer. I don't know if it was about that, because I asked before and they didn't care.

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby Rawlsian » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:53 am

Does anyone have more of North's threads bookmarked? Have his previous threads now been inherited by the first to reply?

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Serious question to all the chicks applying to H and/or Y.

Postby Unitas » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:54 am

r6_philly wrote:
Unitas wrote:
I have only done it and seen it done with advertisers that spam all forums at once and it is just easier to delete them altogether.

TLS isn't set up to do it either in this kind of case, as usually there would be placeholders for the deleted person so threads wouldn't be attributed to new people. It is very interesting and leads me to believe that someone truly outed North, which could have hurt him professionally.


If you delete the thread starter the next guy/post inherents it. You can't have an empty pointer. I don't know if it was about that, because I asked before and they didn't care.


I have seen on other forums when someone is deleted due to a legit request the name changes to anonymous and all the posts just become blank and last edited by anonymous.

Rawlsian wrote:Does anyone have more of North's threads bookmarked? Have his previous threads now been inherited by the first to reply?


Yep, all of them.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Why??? and 6 guests