Seat deposit question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
primusux

Seat deposit question

Postby primusux » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:42 am

Forgive my ignorance, but, if you put down a seat deposit where you have to sign a letter saying you are confirming to be a part of the class of 2013, does that mean you are not supposed to put a seat deposit elsewhere? Or is it pretty much open season to put down as many seat deposits as you wanted (understanding they aren't refundable) while you wait to hear back from schools that have yet to make a decision/waitlisted you?

Thanks!

entrechatsix

Re: Seat deposit question

Postby entrechatsix » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:23 am

primusux wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but, if you put down a seat deposit where you have to sign a letter saying you are confirming to be a part of the class of 2013, does that mean you are not supposed to put a seat deposit elsewhere? Or is it pretty much open season to put down as many seat deposits as you wanted (understanding they aren't refundable) while you wait to hear back from schools that have yet to make a decision/waitlisted you?

Thanks!

for seat deposits in general, you aren't usually obligating yourself to enroll (thus the second seat deposit in the summer). BUT that letter sounds like you might be doing just that. you should definitely call the school and ask if it isn't clear on the letter.

atashakor

Re: Seat deposit question

Postby atashakor » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:15 am

does anyone know how to make a seat deposit online?
I have been given a student ID and a webpage to cwsl but i do not know where to make the seat deposit. There is no link for it on the addmittedstudents page

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”