Tulane v. Cardozo? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
asturm

New

Tulane v. Cardozo?

Post by asturm » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:53 pm

I was accepted to Tulane with $15k/year so long as I maintain a 3.0. I haven't been accepted to Cardozo yet, though I did receive a fee waiver and am pretty confident I'll be accepted. I realize they might be trying to inflate their selectivity and that the fee waiver might be misleading, but, for the sake of this post, let's assume I'm for sure in and need to make this decision.

I currently live in NYC (I'm in undergrad and will be graduating next month) and I'd ultimately like to practice here. I also have a life here, social network, etc. outside of law school/a potential career that I'd like to maintain. The transition to Cardozo would be smoother than a transition to New Orleans, simply because this is my home turf.

I'm not sure which school would be better: Cardozo is in NYC and if I do really well I could land a job in New York (or transfer up), but Tulane places well in New York and has a much stronger national reach. I love New Orleans, but I'm not particularly keen on starting completely over, and at the same time, I could see the benefit of getting out of New York for a while.

Tulane is 45th while Cardozo is 48th, yet I feel like Tulane is much more highly respected than Cardozo.

Basically, I can't decide and would appreciate some input from external, anonymous sources.

Thanks.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”