General Practice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BarbellDreams

Gold

General Practice

Post by BarbellDreams » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:34 pm

I am interested in a broad range of law and it is difficult for me to decide which I want to do because criminal law interests me the most but it doesn't have the $$$ that I want. I know there are ways to work for general practice firms where you get a little IP, Criminal, Immigration, Civil, and Corporate depending on your client. How difficult are these positions to obtain? How does one go about finding them?

Gold

Re: General Practice

Post by 03121202698008 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:35 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I am interested in a broad range of law and it is difficult for me to decide which I want to do because criminal law interests me the most but it doesn't have the $$$ that I want. I know there are ways to work for general practice firms where you get a little IP, Criminal, Immigration, Civil, and Corporate depending on your client. How difficult are these positions to obtain? How does one go about finding them?
It depends a lot on the region and what salary you're willing to accept. None of them are plentiful and all the ones I know of are small 2-3 attorney firms.

Solerpower

New

Post by Solerpower » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:42 pm

From what i've heard in my area, small general practice firm jobs are tough to get out of law school, but lateraling with solid experience makes it attainable.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:53 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I am interested in a broad range of law and it is difficult for me to decide which I want to do because criminal law interests me the most but it doesn't have the $$$ that I want. I know there are ways to work for general practice firms where you get a little IP, Criminal, Immigration, Civil, and Corporate depending on your client. How difficult are these positions to obtain? How does one go about finding them?
Are you in law school yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”