Email granting Student ID and official university email?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JustBelieve

Email granting Student ID and official university email?

Postby JustBelieve » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I just recieved an email from the registrar's office (on Friday) of one of the schools I am applying to. In the email I was granted a Student ID and an official .edu email address for the school. The email said "this does not imply admittance" however I was also granted a login ID for their student portal. Their website CLEARLY states that only admitted students are given login ID's to the student portal and are given official university email addresses. However, the status checker still says "in review". What should I make of this email?

Thanks

Panther7

Re: Email granting Student ID and official university email?

Postby Panther7 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:19 pm

JustBelieve wrote:Hello,

I am new to this forum. I just recieved an email from the registrar's office (on Friday) of one of the schools I am applying to. In the email I was granted a Student ID and an official .edu email address for the school. The email said "this does not imply admittance" however I was also granted a login ID for their student portal. Their website CLEARLY states that only admitted students are given login ID's to the student portal and are given official university email addresses. However, the status checker still says "in review". What should I make of this email?

Thanks

Some schools will give you electronic accounts and still reject you, it happened with me at Iowa this cycle.

onetimeonly95

Postby onetimeonly95 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:20 pm

it happened to me with BC and i'm still on their waitlist.

JustBelieve

Postby JustBelieve » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:24 pm

I called their admissions office last Friday but since it was Good Friday they were closed. I then called their IT department about setting up my email and they looked me up and told me I was accepted and to give it some time to update in the system. should I take the word of their IT department?

onetimeonly95

Postby onetimeonly95 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:26 pm

JustBelieve wrote:I called their admissions office last Friday but since it was Good Friday they were closed. I then called their IT department about setting up my email and they looked me up and told me I was accepted and to give it some time to update in the system. should I take the word of their IT department?

Lol. Probably not. Give admissions a call on Monday.

chrisbforever

Postby chrisbforever » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:40 pm

I find it funny that the IT department would casually tell you if you were accepted or not.

JustBelieve

Postby JustBelieve » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:13 pm

chrisbforever wrote:I find it funny that the IT department would casually tell you if you were accepted or not.

I asked why I couldn't log into my email account that they gave me. They looked up my information and said "you were recently admitted so give it a couple of days for your email login information to work."

lawchampion

Postby lawchampion » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:34 pm

I have the same concern. I received an email from UL financial aid office with info how to get access to ULINK along with student ID number. Now I am kind of puzzled, since I send in my application only a month ago and my numbers are not really that great.

JustBelieve

Postby JustBelieve » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:39 pm

lawchampion wrote:I have the same concern. I received an email from UL financial aid office with info how to get access to ULINK along with student ID number. Now I am kind of puzzled, since I send in my application only a month ago and my numbers are not really that great.

Just keep believing. I guess it really depnds on the school and how they do things. I know some schools will send out Student ID's to applicants and others won't. I hate how they play mind games with us. What's frustrating is to be in review for a while then all of a sudden get an email granting Student ID, email, etc. because it kind of makes you think "did I get in?"

Hang in there. If it's meant for you to go to UL then you will get in.

JustBelieve

Postby JustBelieve » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:45 pm

lawchampion wrote:I have the same concern. I received an email from UL financial aid office with info how to get access to ULINK along with student ID number. Now I am kind of puzzled, since I send in my application only a month ago and my numbers are not really that great.

Re: lawchampion, here is a similar thread I found with the same concern, but specifically dealing with UL: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=113199

I don't know why they just don't grant that information AFTER one has been admitted.

JustDude

Postby JustDude » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:48 am

JustBelieve wrote:Hello,

Thanks

I dont think I like your handle

blackmamba76

Postby blackmamba76 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:00 am

Alabama does the same thing, they gave me a mybama login, and .edu email account, but my file is still incomplete!

lawchampion

Postby lawchampion » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:16 am

JustBelieve wrote:

Re: lawchampion, here is a similar thread I found with the same concern, but specifically dealing with UL: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=113199

I don't know why they just don't grant that information AFTER one has been admitted.

This is so confusing and unfair, especially for those who have high hopes for particular schools. I am still not quite sure whether every prospective student gets ULink access or not.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”