Anyone know how difficult it is to get residency @ Pitt?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BarbellDreams

Anyone know how difficult it is to get residency @ Pitt?

Postby BarbellDreams » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:51 pm

I was made to believe that it was very easy for 2L and 3L but now I am not so sure. The website is a bit confusing and they say you can do a million different things but they will consider qualitative and not quantitative factors. Now I am worried as I am planning on attending Pitt next year in hopes of securing residency as that factored into my decision. Anyone know any info on Pitt specifically? Should I come in as soon as I move to the fin aid office and simply tell them "I want to establish residency, what do you want me to do?"

Re: Anyone know how difficult it is to get residency @ Pitt?

Postby 03121202698008 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:27 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I was made to believe that it was very easy for 2L and 3L but now I am not so sure. The website is a bit confusing and they say you can do a million different things but they will consider qualitative and not quantitative factors. Now I am worried as I am planning on attending Pitt next year in hopes of securing residency as that factored into my decision. Anyone know any info on Pitt specifically? Should I come in as soon as I move to the fin aid office and simply tell them "I want to establish residency, what do you want me to do?"

I'm not positive but I think PA is pretty difficult. You must live in the state for 12 months PRIOR to starting school. Living in the state for the purpose of attending school does not count towards the 12 months.

A few links to other college's info:
--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”