Should other offers be included in the LOCI?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tru

Should other offers be included in the LOCI?

Postby tru » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shellbelle

Re: Should other offers be included in the LOCI?

Postby Shellbelle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:I'm waitlisted at my top choice school. However, I have some great full-ride scholarships at fine schools in the T1. Would mentioning those be considered rude?

from what I hear you only want to bring it up if those schools are extremely comparible in ranking. If you try using a schools signifcantly lower as a pawn - you won't win.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:I'm waitlisted at my top choice school. However, I have some great full-ride scholarships at fine schools in the T1. Would mentioning those be considered rude?

I think the only way to mention it is in saying "Despite having a full rise at X, if admitted I will immediately withdraw and enroll in your institution." I don't think it works in a "see, the other schools liked me" sense, but it might work in a showing commitment kind of way (if that is actually how you feel, of course).

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Exactly. In mine, I wrote something like "while I have received generous offers from several other schools, School X remains my top choice and I would definitely attend if given an offer of admission."

I agree that using a school that isn't comparable will just cause them to say, "so what?" I think in some cases another school in the same region could be used though, especially if your numbers are pretty good for the school you are writing the LOCI for, since higher ranked schools seem to be interested in keeping the lower ranked schools down.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”