My undergraduate academic summary is now there...question.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chrisbforever

My undergraduate academic summary is now there...question.

Postby chrisbforever » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:48 pm

I went to a foreign school, outside of America and Canada. The LSAC has now produced an academic summary for my American school and i'm waiting on my foreign transcript to reach the LSAC. My question is...if an academic summary is already produced, does that mean that the GPA I see now is going to be my GPA? or When the foreign transcript comes in, the Summary is going to change?

By the looks of it, i'm going to have 2 seperate GPA's because it seems that an Academic summary is already produced.

Any help or even a guess would be greatly appreciated.

shoop

Re: My undergraduate academic summary is now there...question.

Postby shoop » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:03 pm

chrisbforever wrote:I went to a foreign school, outside of America and Canada. The LSAC has now produced an academic summary for my American school and i'm waiting on my foreign transcript to reach the LSAC. My question is...if an academic summary is already produced, does that mean that the GPA I see now is going to be my GPA? or When the foreign transcript comes in, the Summary is going to change?

By the looks of it, i'm going to have 2 seperate GPA's because it seems that an Academic summary is already produced.

Any help or even a guess would be greatly appreciated.

Did you study abroad as part of your degree from an American school, or were you enrolled at a foreign institution as a "regular" student for 1+ years?

chrisbforever

Postby chrisbforever » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:54 pm

I was enrolled as a regular student at a foreign institution for more than one year. No study abroad. I then moved to United States after more than 1 year at my non-American community college abroad.

chrisbforever

Postby chrisbforever » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:19 pm

any answer would be appreciated--bump.

chrisbforever

Postby chrisbforever » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:28 pm

bump

swc65

Postby swc65 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:45 pm

The best advice is to call LSAC and ask them how it works. Your situation is fairly specific to you, so it would be best to ask the people who will know for sure. If you had done this last week you would know by now and could have told all of us! The suspense is killing me!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”