USC or Fordham?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
askhos

USC or Fordham?

Postby askhos » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm already leaning towards one side of this dilemma, but I wanted to run it by here for more information (and the lawls).

USC has admitted me and offered a yearly $18,000 scholarship, provided that I stay a full-time law student (no grade level requirements or anything like that)

Fordham just admitted me. They haven't given me an aid package yet, but I'm assuming they'll give me a good scholarship too, especially if I try to haggle them with what USC is offering me.

This is independent of any additional financial aid I might be receiving from the government?

I'm not trying to read too much into the law school rankings, but I do think it says a lot that USC is ranked 12 schools higher than Fordham. Rankings may be flawed, but I don't know if they're flawed that much.

Thoughts?

askhos

Re: USC or paradise?

Postby askhos » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Since I can't type the name of the school today without it showing up as "paradise", let's say it's the Jesuit law school in New York City.

lakerfanimal

Postby lakerfanimal » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Hahaha o man this is hilarious.

I think if you want the west coast go to USC, if you want the east coast go to Fordham.

soullesswonder

Postby soullesswonder » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:22 pm

they're both Tier 1 schools outside the T-fourteen, and the geographical separation means that they feed into completely different markets. Just worry about the COA and where you want to practice.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Why in the world would you choose USC over this??

askhos

Postby askhos » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:47 pm

COA?

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:54 pm

askhos wrote:COA?

Cost of Attendance?

nocal

Postby nocal » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:00 pm

I don't think this is an East Coast v West Coast decision. There is too much difference between the schools to let USC go under any set of circumstances - let alone with an $18k annual scholarship. If for some strange reason you find yourself thinking of that place in NY, visit USC before making the mistake of your life.

erniesto

Postby erniesto » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:03 pm

That picture looks closer to what you could find near USC than Fordturkey. :lol:

USC places 11% better in NLJ250 and sounds like it'll be cheaper.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:24 pm

erniesto wrote:That picture looks closer to what you could find near USC than Fordturkey. :your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable:

USC places 11% better in NLJ250 and sounds like it'll be cheaper.

says the person attempting to get banned. :lol:

USC's location is not as enviable as UCLA's, IMO, but I would trade either to be where my school is. USC does place well on the west coast, and it's a good school, but it's not going to outplace Ford.ham in NYC, if that's what the OP wants. I can see very different kinds of people being happy at these two schools, so I would absolutely visit if you can.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”