Cornell LOCI? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Geist13

Silver

Cornell LOCI?

Post by Geist13 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:51 am

I was just placed "on reserve" at Cornell. I'll be sending in a couple more LOR and a LOCI. Should my LOCI have a "why Cornell" aspect? I ask because I chose not to have a "why Cornell" essay in my original application due to the following answer the admissions Dean gave on the TLS interview:

"Could an applicant significantly improve his or her chances of admission by drafting a personal statement specifically for Cornell?

I don’t think so. A specific connection with our law school is not really what we’re after. We’re looking to get to know more about the person who’s applying so we can make an informed decision about his or her potential."

If a connection to their school is not what they're after, should I focus my LOCI on something else (like maybe myself!)?

edit: thank you TLS for reminding me it is april fool's day!

nealric

Re: Princeton Law LOCI?

Post by nealric » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:55 am

I think you should talk about your burning desire to practice intergalactic law upon graduation. I hear Princeton has the best program.

Don't listen to the haters who tell you that public intergalactic law jobs don't really exist! My second cousin's former roommate's cat's veterinarian's sister has an amazing in-house job with the MIB.

Non-Lawyer Lawyer

New

Re: Princeton Law LOCI?

Post by Non-Lawyer Lawyer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:12 pm

2 words: Joke Book.

The "Princeton Law" shtick was old a decade ago.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”