2010 LoRs for 2011

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ChynaDoll91185

2010 LoRs for 2011

Postby ChynaDoll91185 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:39 am

I decided late that I wanted to apply to law school (around October 2009) for the 2010 cycle. So in November, I contacted professors about having letters done by the beginning of January and I got 2 to agree.

Well... One did not send in the letter until a week before March.

I tried calling/emailing between the deadline that I provided and the time he finally sent it in and decided to stop after realizing that I did not want a letter from someone that I had to beg. But the strange part is that when I initially talked to him, he was very excited to do it.

Since he sent in the letter so late, and I did not even expect that he would send it in, I now have to wait till the next cycle. My question is: Do I have to ask my professors to re-write/re-send the letters or will I be able to use them for the 2011 cycle? I will call LSAC, but since I am up late now, I wanted to know if anyone could help me.

Thanks!

Gamecubesupreme

Re: 2010 LoRs for 2011

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:46 am

Your LOR stays in the system, so you can use them again next cycle.

ricking1288

Postby ricking1288 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:50 am

Yea you can use them I got my LORs in during Feb. of this year so i can apply early as hell for the next cycle.

SoCalStudent

Postby SoCalStudent » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm new with this process, so I don't know much about the LOR's. Do my professor's and employer have to directly send my LOR to LSAC? What do you guys recommend I tell my LOR's to write if this is the case? I thought I was able to send the LOR's with my PS and transripts. Planning on doing all of this after the Oct. 2010 LSAT's. :)

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:23 pm

[quote="SoCalStudent"]I'm new with this process, so I don't know much about the LOR's. Do my professor's and employer have to directly send my LOR to LSAC? What do you guys recommend I tell my LOR's to write if this is the case? I thought I was able to send the LOR's with my PS and transripts. Planning on doing all of this after the Oct. 2010 LSAT's. :)[/quote

Your recommenders send their letters to LSAC. In turn you send the letters via LSAC to the schools you applied to.

SoCalStudent

Postby SoCalStudent » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:43 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
SoCalStudent wrote:I'm new with this process, so I don't know much about the LOR's. Do my professor's and employer have to directly send my LOR to LSAC? What do you guys recommend I tell my LOR's to write if this is the case? I thought I was able to send the LOR's with my PS and transripts. Planning on doing all of this after the Oct. 2010 LSAT's. :)[/quote

Your recommenders send their letters to LSAC. In turn you send the letters via LSAC to the schools you applied to.

Thanks Plug! I should be over the shoulders of my LOR's to make sure they write something good, lol. What about the transcripts? Can I send sealed transcripts, or do my schools have to send them directly to LSAC?

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:49 pm

SoCalStudent wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
SoCalStudent wrote:I'm new with this process, so I don't know much about the LOR's. Do my professor's and employer have to directly send my LOR to LSAC? What do you guys recommend I tell my LOR's to write if this is the case? I thought I was able to send the LOR's with my PS and transripts. Planning on doing all of this after the Oct. 2010 LSAT's. :)[/quote

Thanks Plug! I should be over the shoulders of my LOR's to make sure they write something good, your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable. What about the transcripts? Can I send sealed transcripts, or do my schools have to send them directly to LSAC?

Gotta send those to the LSAC too. May seem like a pain right now, but it makes applying easier in the long run. Good luck!

SoCalStudent

Postby SoCalStudent » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:53 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
SoCalStudent wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:

Thanks Plug! I should be over the shoulders of my LOR's to make sure they write something good, your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable. What about the transcripts? Can I send sealed transcripts, or do my schools have to send them directly to LSAC?

Gotta send those to the LSAC too. May seem like a pain right now, but it makes applying easier in the long run. Good luck!

Sounds good! Should I also send my graduate transcript as well, or just my UG's? I will probably get a head-start and send those out in the summer.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:32 pm

That I don't know...sorries. I only have undergrad work on my belt.

Sangiovese

Postby Sangiovese » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:07 pm

You need to send your grad school transcripts... even if you only have a credit here or there.

And for the LORs, there is an LSAC form that has to be sent in along with the LOR... so make sure you get those forms to the people who are writing LORs for you.

SoCalStudent

Postby SoCalStudent » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Sangiovese wrote:You need to send your grad school transcripts... even if you only have a credit here or there.

And for the LORs, there is an LSAC form that has to be sent in along with the LOR... so make sure you get those forms to the people who are writing LORs for you.

I did take one course at a community course, so that's good to know. Should I just round up my UG transcripts and submit them to LSAC now, or should I wait until I take the Oct. exams? I also didn't know about the extra form for the LOR's. Where on the site can I get it? I searched around and couldn't find it. Thanks.

Sangiovese

Postby Sangiovese » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 pm

SoCalStudent wrote:
Sangiovese wrote:You need to send your grad school transcripts... even if you only have a credit here or there.

I did take one course at a community course, so that's good to know. Should I just round up my UG transcripts and submit them to LSAC now, or should I wait until I take the Oct. exams? I also didn't know about the extra form for the LOR's. Where on the site can I get it? I searched around and couldn't find it. Thanks.

This explains it all, straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.

--LinkRemoved--

SoCalStudent

Postby SoCalStudent » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:43 pm

Sangiovese wrote:
SoCalStudent wrote:

This explains it all, straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.

--LinkRemoved--

Thanks Sangi!!!

ChynaDoll91185

Postby ChynaDoll91185 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:22 am

Thanks, Gamecubesupreme and ricking1288 for your quick responses! I knew I could count on the board to provide me with some good info! Good luck, SoCalStudent! I, too, will be taking the exam in October.

SoCalStudent

Postby SoCalStudent » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:34 am

ChynaDoll91185 wrote:Thanks, Gamecubesupreme and ricking1288 for your quick responses! I knew I could count on the board to provide me with some good info! Good luck, SoCalStudent! I, too, will be taking the exam in October.

Good luck to you as well. Are you taking any of the prep courses over the summer?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”