LOCI for first choice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rossrobert

LOCI for first choice

Postby rossrobert » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:37 pm

I know this has probably been asked, but if you wanted to send a LOCI to your first choice, what exactly should you say?

I applied to all the programs they offer. My GPA is at their 75% but my lsat is at the 25%. Do you e-mail this letter or should you send it via snail mail to the admissions office?

Wooster33

Re: LOCI for first choice

Postby Wooster33 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 pm

rossrobert wrote:I know this has probably been asked, but if you wanted to send a LOCI to your first choice, what exactly should you say?

I applied to all the programs they offer. My GPA is at their 75% but my lsat is at the 25%. Do you e-mail this letter or should you send it via snail mail to the admissions office?

I don't think in this day emailing will be a disadvantage. I had success with a LOCI at a top school (received an offer of admission same day I sent, perhaps that was a coincidence but I think it made the difference). But in my case I had decided that the school was my first choice, so it's impact was probably greater than if you have already communicated your strong interest in their school. I kept it short and sweet but gave a genuine reason.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”